iPodderX 3.0

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2005
      Wow, that sure was a quiet release...

      Playing with it now. Some great new features -- it really does work
      more like a news aggregator now, and bringing videos into iTunes is a
      very nice touch. No idea what the "Playlist Builder" does, because
      clicking it crashes the app for me, and the Help file (although
      there's finally a menu item for it) appears to be blank.

      Thus far, the same iPodderX mix of singularly useful features, a
      streamlined but weird interface, and annoying instability. I'll
      remain a customer, because I rely on its genre-override ability
      (unique as far as I know) to maintain my iPod smart playlist with
      podcasts and Audible books mixed together. Whether I'm a *satisfied*
      customer -- well, it comes and goes. Mostly I am, except when things
      fail for weird reasons.

      I heard on the Podcast Solutions interview that the developers learned
      to program in the course of writing the app. That's an impressive
      achievement, guys. Now learn to program *well*, and to apply proven
      methodologies for unit and system testing.

      ESCAPE POD - the SF podcast magazine
      http://escape.extraneous.org
    • Christophe Kualasoft
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2005
        Just for the record Genre override is not unique. In jPodder 0.9 we do
        full-fledge ID3 overwrite on enclosure, feed and complete feed list level. We
        support overwrite of all ID3 based text tags. We have predifined tokens from the
        RSS file which can be used for overwrite.

        Cheers / Christophe
        jpodder.com