RE: [podcasters] iRiver and the Blind

  • Michael Elsdörfer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2005
      > I am looking at a possible purchase of an river, maybe the 799, and wanted
      > to see if we had a blind person out there that has the river? How easy is

      You could consider buying a player which is supported by the Rockbox
      project. That's mainly the old Archos gadgets (Player, Recorder, Recorder
      FM, Recorder v2, OndioFM, OndioSP). They are working on a iRiver h100
      Version, though.

      Rockbox is a free, open source replacement firmware which is extremely
      feature rich and has a voice UI for blind users. More Information here:

      http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BlindUsersIndex

      Michael