Two Sites Of Marketing/Promotion Interest

  • bowmanmail
    Message 1 of 12 , May 23, 2005
      Podcasters,

      There are two sites you may find of value. The first is
      http://www.topcast.org which is an awards program for podcasts. The
      deadline for show nominations is June 15, 2005

      The second is http://www.castregister.com which is a new search
      directory for podcast programs.

      Both sites are free to register and may help boost your downloads and
      exposure.

      Happy Casting

      P. Bowman
      bowmanmail@...
    • Geek News
      Message 2 of 12 , May 23, 2005
        I don't understand why you all choose to do another awards ceremony when one
        has been planned since Feb with the People's Choice Podcast Awards.

        ,

        > There are two sites you may find of value. The first is
        > http://www.topcast.org which is an
      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 12 , May 23, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Geek News" <geek@g...> wrote:
          > I don't understand why you all choose to do
          > another awards ceremony when one
          > has been planned since Feb with the People's Choice Podcast Awards.

          Yes, how can anyone dare to do such a unheard of thing. Next we hear
          that somebody else will publish another book on podcasting, when there
          already is yours out there.

          Nicole

          --
          http://sushiradio.com - the delicious tidbit for your ears!

          [How about you making a sushi about a topic of your interest
          and promote your podcast through it? ]
        • Geek News
          Message 4 of 12 , May 23, 2005
            :)

            > Yes, how can anyone dare to do such a unheard of thing. Next
            > we hear that somebody else will publish another book on
            > podcasting, when there already is yours out there.
          • George Colombo
            Message 5 of 12 , May 23, 2005
              > Yes, how can anyone dare to do such a unheard of thing. Next we hear
              > that somebody else will publish another book on podcasting, when there
              > already is yours out there.
              >
              > Nicole

              Someone else is doing a book?!

              George Colombo
              Author, "The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Podcasting"
              ultimatepodcasting.com
            • Mac Philly
              Message 6 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                Ummm. Well, why is there a Golden Globe, a People's Choice and an Oscar for
                the same movies? Different strokes for different folks? After all, why are
                you presenting awards when they're also being presented by the folks at the
                Podcast and Portable Media Expo?

                :-)

                Best,
                Phillip

                On 5/23/05, Geek News <geek@...> wrote:

                > I don't understand why you all choose to do another awards ceremony when
                > one
                > has been planned since Feb with the People's Choice Podcast Awards.
                >
                > ,
                > >
                > > There are two sites you may find of value. The first is
                > > http://www.topcast.org which is an

                ______\\\\////________
                Phillip J. Zannini
                Host: MacPhilly Almost Live
                Author: A Mac Eye for the Windows Guy (c)
                RSS: feeds.feedburner.com/MacPhilly <http://feeds.feedburner.com/MacPhilly>
                http://macphilly.com/

              • Michael Geoghegan
                Message 7 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                  A little competition never hurt. Usually it pushes all parties to work
                  harder.

                  Besides, the venue being used for your awards ceremony has had an awards
                  event planned from as far back as November.

                  http://www.portablemediaexpo.com/awards.htm

                  The more the merrier. ;)

                  Michael Geoghegan
                  On 5/23/05 8:42 AM, "Geek News" <geek@...> wrote:

                  > I don't understand why you all choose to do another awards ceremony when one
                  > has been planned since Feb with the People's Choice Podcast Awards.
                  >
                  > ,
                  >>
                  >> There are two sites you may find of value. The first is
                  >> http://www.topcast.org which is an
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Nicole Simon
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                    "George Colombo" <ultimatepodcasting@...> wrote:
                    >Someone else is doing a book?!

                    You must be very brave now: I know of three others. ;)

                    Nicole

                    --
                    http://sushiradio.com - the delicious tidbit for your ears!

                    [How about you making a sushi about a topic of your interest
                    and promote your podcast through it? ]
                  • Ryan Ozawa
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Simon <nisi@g...> wrote:
                      > You must be very brave now: I know of three others. ;)

                      Three?

                      http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Podcasting_Books

                      I say there'll be a dozen out there before the end of the summer. <g>

                      Ryan
                    • Ryan Ozawa
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 23, 2005

                        --- Michael Geoghegan <michael@w...> wrote:
                        > Besides, the venue being used for your awards ceremony has had an
                        > awards event planned from as far back as November.

                        Boy. You'd think they were the same event!

                        http://www.podcastawards.com/index.php?option=about

                        Ryan
                      • George Colombo
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                          Hey, I'm just a writer. It's the publisher who's brave.

                          G.

                          P.S. Just in case you're interested, I posted the book cover in the "Photos" section of this
                          forum.

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 23, 2005
                            All:

                            We will be participating in the Awards Ceremony and giving out awards along
                            with TNC Media. TNC Media is the hosting their awards ceremony and they have
                            been gracious to allow us to give out ours also.

                            Our Awards are based on the People's Choice not industry, voting and winners
                            of our awards will be picked by the People. TNC Media is having their own
                            independent contest which as far as I know will not consist of the public
                            voting for shows. See their site for details.

                            This is the reason our awards are called The People's Choice Podcast Awards.
                            Tim at TNC media realized their would be a conflict with our awards and that
                            is why we re-named our event to what it is.

                            Todd.