Re: NEWBIE POST: podcasts and radio userland

  • Dale Hugo
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
      > So, two stupid questions:
      > 1) How can I use Radio to upload new MP3 files for the use of podcasts and create the
      RSS
      > enclosures? Is there a varient on the "My Pictures" tool that has been hacked and will
      > work? Or is there another method? Again, big words confuse me :-)

      I got this working but it is a kludge at best. I set up a folder on the server. I ftp the mp3
      file to that folder. I then enabled enclosures on Radio and when I make a post I use the
      URL of the enclosure. It works but it beats me what the "Enclosure" folder on my desktop
      machine is for.

      > 2) I get an RSS feed from the podcasts page but I cannot seem to edit the title on the
      feed.
      > I edited the #prefs file and the #rss file but still get my name as opposed to the title.
      Any
      > suggestions.

      I would like to fix this as it is annoying as hell but not critical. Now all I have to do is
      record and post!

      Dale
    • Dale Hugo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:
        > Make sure Radio Userland is running then click this link:
        > http://127.0.0.1:5335/system/pages/prefs?page=5.9
        > Scroll to the bottom and select the checkbox that says: "Check
        this box
        > if you want to be able to add enclosures to your own output
        channels.
        > (A new field will appear on the desktop website home page.)"
        >
        > Then go to your radio homepage and you will see a new field that
        allows
        > you to enter a url for an enclosure to a new post.
        > You will need to upload your mp3 file somewhere else first where
        it is
        > web-reachable.
        >
        > AC

        Thanks, Adam. That is what I ended up doing in the end. Glad I
        could figure it out. Even gladder that you replied. It was a
        welcomed sanity check!

        I am getting there, step by step.

        Many thanks,
        Dale
        http://www.atomiccity.com

        BTW, your iPodder welcome message is currently on this web site as a
        place holder and will be removed by the end of the day. I needed a
        test MP3 file to play with. Thanks again.