Re: [podcasters] Re: audio.weblogs.com pingForm down?

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
      It's good that it worked. Because of that, it wasn't really necessary to answer the 1-2-3 questions. ;->

      But you did it perfectly. If it hadn't worked I would have been able to repeat the steps myself and see what failed.

      Keep on truckin..

      Dave

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
        Dave - despite no errors being returned the feed never did actually
        show up on audio.weblogs.com so something isn't completely right in
        the process, I'm afraid :(

        I double-checked the feed --
        http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/

        with the debugger and all is well according to this:
        http://audio.weblogs.com/feedDebug.html

        Any ideas / suggestions?

        Thank you,

        TDavid

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
        > It's good that it worked. Because of that, it wasn't really
        necessary to answer the 1-2-3 questions. ;->

        > But you did it perfectly. If it hadn't worked I would have been
        able to repeat the steps myself and see what failed.

        > Keep on truckin..
        >
        > Dave
      • TDavid
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
          Yowsa, I'm going to turn my internet license today because I just
          looked and it's there on the listing (it was submitted at an older
          time)! Boy, I've been humbled today :(

          Nothing to see here, Dave, move along, sorry! LOL

          TD
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "TDavid" <tdavid@g...> wrote:

          > Dave - despite no errors being returned the feed never did
          actually
          > show up on audio.weblogs.com so something isn't completely right
          in
          > the process, I'm afraid :(
          >
          > I double-checked the feed --
          > http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/
          >
          > with the debugger and all is well according to this:
          > http://audio.weblogs.com/feedDebug.html
          >
          > Any ideas / suggestions?
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > TDavid

        • indiefeed
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
            Hi this is Chris MacDonald with IndieFeed

            I am having serious problems as of this weekend with posting using Radio Userland, and
            unfortunately no response from the support line or support email. If anyone knows how
            to raise awareness to Radio Userland I could use the assistance given my service is at a
            complete standstill.

            I have plenty of details but the essence of the problem is that none of my changes,
            including new podcasts or OPML files are updating.

            I see the changes in my local OPML file (which has worked fine in the past) but no changes
            on the published site at http://radio.weblogs.com/0141318/outlines/
            productionnotes.html

            I see the modified post on my internal entry site at http://127.0.0.1:5335/ but no change
            to public site at http://radio.weblogs.com/0141318/

            help, anyone who has some pull in the matter
            Thanks in advance,
            Chris
            chris---a-t-indiefeed-dot----com

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
            > 1. I just tried it and it worked.
            >
            > http://audio.weblogs.com/pingform.html
            >
            > 2. The two back-ends are separate, running on different machines, in different parts of
            the country.

            > What url are you pinging for?
            >
            > Have you tried using the debugger to see if there's a problem with the feed?
            >
            > When you say it times out, what specifically happens?
            >
            > Dave

          • indiefeed
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
              Wow. To make matters worse, it seems that all the email addresses for
              support are bouncing back....so my descriptions are not even hitting
              an email box...

              <pr@...; sales@...; customerservice@...;
              frontier-bugs@...; webmaster@...>:
              66.180.229.199 does not like recipient.
              Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <"pr@...; sales@...;
              customerservice@...; frontier-bugs@...;
              webmaster"@...>... User unknown
              Giving up on 66.180.229.199.

              --- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

              iefeed-dot----com

            • Jason @ Insomnia Radio
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                Come on guys...Dave???
                We desperately need help with this. There couldn't be a worse week for
                radio to be taking a crap. If anyone can offer a solution in a timely
                manner, it would be more than appreciated...

                Jason
                Insomnia Radio