Re: audio.weblogs.com pingForm down?

  • TDavid
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
      I retried and it worked on the first try, Dave, as it has for the
      last few weeks. I've included the info I was using below just for
      reference. The feed debugs just fine, I did that a month ago or so.

      Sorry for the false alarm. I was just trying to see if I was the
      only one having any trouble over the last 12 hours or so.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
      > If this is a bug report for audio.weblogs.com:
      >
      > 1. What did you do?
      Filled out the form like I do every week. In this case, I used the
      following feed info:
      Site name: Webmaster Cookbook
      Site Feed: http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/

      > 2. What did you expect to happen?
      The form result to return the web browser "ping successful" as it
      has the last month or so.

      > 3. What actually happened?
      It ultimately timed out in the browser.
    • Dave Winer
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
        It's good that it worked. Because of that, it wasn't really necessary to answer the 1-2-3 questions. ;->

        But you did it perfectly. If it hadn't worked I would have been able to repeat the steps myself and see what failed.

        Keep on truckin..

        Dave

        I retried and it worked on the first try, Dave, as it has for the
        last few weeks. I've included the info I was using below just for
        reference. The feed debugs just fine, I did that a month ago or so.

        Sorry for the false alarm. I was just trying to see if I was the
        only one having any trouble over the last 12 hours or so.

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
        > If this is a bug report for audio.weblogs.com:
        >
        > 1. What did you do?
        Filled out the form like I do every week. In this case, I used the
        following feed info:
        Site name: Webmaster Cookbook
        Site Feed: http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/

        > 2. What did you expect to happen?
        The form result to return the web browser "ping successful" as it
        has the last month or so.

        > 3. What actually happened?
        It ultimately timed out in the browser.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • TDavid
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
          Dave - despite no errors being returned the feed never did actually
          show up on audio.weblogs.com so something isn't completely right in
          the process, I'm afraid :(

          I double-checked the feed --
          http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/

          with the debugger and all is well according to this:
          http://audio.weblogs.com/feedDebug.html

          Any ideas / suggestions?

          Thank you,

          TDavid

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
          > It's good that it worked. Because of that, it wasn't really
          necessary to answer the 1-2-3 questions. ;->

          > But you did it perfectly. If it hadn't worked I would have been
          able to repeat the steps myself and see what failed.

          > Keep on truckin..
          >
          > Dave
        • TDavid
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2004
            Yowsa, I'm going to turn my internet license today because I just
            looked and it's there on the listing (it was submitted at an older
            time)! Boy, I've been humbled today :(

            Nothing to see here, Dave, move along, sorry! LOL

            TD
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "TDavid" <tdavid@g...> wrote:

            > Dave - despite no errors being returned the feed never did
            actually
            > show up on audio.weblogs.com so something isn't completely right
            in
            > the process, I'm afraid :(
            >
            > I double-checked the feed --
            > http://www.webmastercookbook.com/feed/rss2/
            >
            > with the debugger and all is well according to this:
            > http://audio.weblogs.com/feedDebug.html
            >
            > Any ideas / suggestions?
            >
            > Thank you,
            >
            > TDavid

          • indiefeed
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
              Hi this is Chris MacDonald with IndieFeed

              I am having serious problems as of this weekend with posting using Radio Userland, and
              unfortunately no response from the support line or support email. If anyone knows how
              to raise awareness to Radio Userland I could use the assistance given my service is at a
              complete standstill.

              I have plenty of details but the essence of the problem is that none of my changes,
              including new podcasts or OPML files are updating.

              I see the changes in my local OPML file (which has worked fine in the past) but no changes
              on the published site at http://radio.weblogs.com/0141318/outlines/
              productionnotes.html

              I see the modified post on my internal entry site at http://127.0.0.1:5335/ but no change
              to public site at http://radio.weblogs.com/0141318/

              help, anyone who has some pull in the matter
              Thanks in advance,
              Chris
              chris---a-t-indiefeed-dot----com

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@s...> wrote:
              > 1. I just tried it and it worked.
              >
              > http://audio.weblogs.com/pingform.html
              >
              > 2. The two back-ends are separate, running on different machines, in different parts of
              the country.

              > What url are you pinging for?
              >
              > Have you tried using the debugger to see if there's a problem with the feed?
              >
              > When you say it times out, what specifically happens?
              >
              > Dave

            • indiefeed
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                Wow. To make matters worse, it seems that all the email addresses for
                support are bouncing back....so my descriptions are not even hitting
                an email box...

                <pr@...; sales@...; customerservice@...;
                frontier-bugs@...; webmaster@...>:
                66.180.229.199 does not like recipient.
                Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <"pr@...; sales@...;
                customerservice@...; frontier-bugs@...;
                webmaster"@...>... User unknown
                Giving up on 66.180.229.199.

                --- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

                iefeed-dot----com

              • Jason @ Insomnia Radio
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                  Come on guys...Dave???
                  We desperately need help with this. There couldn't be a worse week for
                  radio to be taking a crap. If anyone can offer a solution in a timely
                  manner, it would be more than appreciated...

                  Jason
                  Insomnia Radio