The Darker Side: Podcasting Where YOU'RE the Show!

  • dmitribaughman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      Greetings! I wanted to invite you all to listen to yet another feed in
      the exploding world of Podcasts: The Darker Side! (It's actually a
      side project I'm starting from the main launch a few weeks ago.)

      The Darker Side is an interactive phone system at 206-985-4170. (A
      toll-free number is in the works.) I wrote the thing in PERL using
      the Linux Open Source PBX: Asterisk. Basically, it's an answering
      machine where callers are free to leave msgs. that my friends and I
      compile into mixes. These are then played as the "outgoing" msg. As
      it's an IVR as well, folks can control the mix and FF, REW, and repeat
      caller msgs. Things like a voting booth, private voicemail,
      interactive games, and other stuff are either there now or being
      worked on too.)

      We're publishing an archived Podcast feed for the mixes as well in
      hopes of expanding the project out into the 'net. Please visit the
      feed and have a listen at:

      http://www.darker-side.com/DarkerSide.rss

      ...then call our phone system and leave your own message! I'll
      probably be adding an online submission form as well, so keep your eye
      on the website as well:

      http://www.darker-side.com

      Thanks, and may Podcasting throw another wrench into big media's dream
      of complete airware dominance!

      Dmitri Baughman
      <dmitri@...>