Re: [podcasters] Re: Adam Curry to Host Podcast Show on Sirius

  • Dennis A. Amith
    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2005
      On 5/2/05 8:54 AM, "elle_webb" <elle_webb@...> wrote:

      > Listening to Curry's recent podcast, did you notice how much weight he
      > carried with the music execs he talked to? They see podcasting as a
      > music download. They'd rather get their share of $1/track than build
      > an environment where anybody can put what they want out on the Internet.

      I wish I could listen to it longer, I'll give it another shot tomorrow when
      I'm on commute. AC's last podcast of sound seeing in an elevator, DSC's
      castblaster and strategycast made me to tired to listen to on a commute.
      [I've enjoyed nearly every Daily Source Codes but these last two weeks have
      been so boring! IMHO]

      Despite the big news regarding Adam Curry, the other big news on podcasting
      was Leo Laporte's (ROTSS show), his underground podcast with his former
      TechTV cohorts which I just found truly enjoyable.

      So, I'll purchase some Red Bull and attempt to listen to that Strategycast

      - daa
    • Gavin Impett
      Message 80 of 80 , May 5, 2005
        I think you are basically right. Satelite radio is a t-rex competing
        with the rats after the meteor hit. They are going extinct and they
        don't know why. My guess is the switch to a podcast format will speed
        up the process of switching to a decentralized network business model.
        The difficulty I see on this site, is the large amount of posters who
        are committed to a cheeter/Marxist/artist ideology - art for art's
        sake and the artist who profits from their art is a "sell-out."
        Charles Darwin based his theory of evolution by natural selection on
        Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nation's, not Das Capitol, as some of you
        clearly believe.

        The current Darwinian thinking treats art as a kind of peacock's tail,
        meaning a display of sexual health. For the reader's go get The Mating
        Mind: How sexual choice shaped the evolution of Human Nature, by
        Geofrey Miller. For the watcher's, go rent A Beautiful Mind.

        Yours in Darwin,
        Gavin Impett