Re: [podcasters] Adam Curry to Host Podcast Show on Sirius

  • Dennis A. Amith
    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2005
      On 5/2/05 4:39 AM, "Rob Usdin" <rob@...> wrote:

      > I would speculate that in order for a podcast to be featured on Adam's
      > Sirius show - it would have to be a member of podshow.com. There will
      > probably be some kind of agreement in the podshow license that
      > specifically addresses the use of the podcast on Adam's Sirius show, and

      I'm guessing that the Sirius deal probably will finally allow Adam Curry to
      play licensed commercial music right? I'm guessing Sirius can probably
      handle the licensing tab for that.

      - daa
    • Gavin Impett
      Message 80 of 80 , May 5, 2005
        I think you are basically right. Satelite radio is a t-rex competing
        with the rats after the meteor hit. They are going extinct and they
        don't know why. My guess is the switch to a podcast format will speed
        up the process of switching to a decentralized network business model.
        The difficulty I see on this site, is the large amount of posters who
        are committed to a cheeter/Marxist/artist ideology - art for art's
        sake and the artist who profits from their art is a "sell-out."
        Charles Darwin based his theory of evolution by natural selection on
        Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nation's, not Das Capitol, as some of you
        clearly believe.

        The current Darwinian thinking treats art as a kind of peacock's tail,
        meaning a display of sexual health. For the reader's go get The Mating
        Mind: How sexual choice shaped the evolution of Human Nature, by
        Geofrey Miller. For the watcher's, go rent A Beautiful Mind.

        Yours in Darwin,
        Gavin Impett