Re: [podcasters] Adam Curry to Host Podcast Show on Sirius

    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2005
      On 5/2/05, Russell S. Holliman <treocast@...> wrote:
      > Don't get me wrong, I understand that it will attract more people to
      > joining Podshow, and that it's an effort to get more listeners - both
      > of which are specific goals for Adam and Ron. I just don't necessarily
      > agree with the chosen list of shows to spring onto the unsuspecting
      > world. In short, I don't think the first shows (if they are in fact
      > what he mentioned in the Strategy Cast) have the broadest appeal.

      For those of us who didn't have the fortitude to listen to that entire
      podcast for the "good parts" (Curry's constant prattle about his MTV
      days is like nails on a chalkboard to me), would anyone mind sharing
      with the list which shows were named?

      Have Fun,
      - Steve Eley
    • Gavin Impett
      Message 80 of 80 , May 5, 2005
        I think you are basically right. Satelite radio is a t-rex competing
        with the rats after the meteor hit. They are going extinct and they
        don't know why. My guess is the switch to a podcast format will speed
        up the process of switching to a decentralized network business model.
        The difficulty I see on this site, is the large amount of posters who
        are committed to a cheeter/Marxist/artist ideology - art for art's
        sake and the artist who profits from their art is a "sell-out."
        Charles Darwin based his theory of evolution by natural selection on
        Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nation's, not Das Capitol, as some of you
        clearly believe.

        The current Darwinian thinking treats art as a kind of peacock's tail,
        meaning a display of sexual health. For the reader's go get The Mating
        Mind: How sexual choice shaped the evolution of Human Nature, by
        Geofrey Miller. For the watcher's, go rent A Beautiful Mind.

        Yours in Darwin,
        Gavin Impett