RE: [podcasters] Adam Curry to Host Podcast Show on Sirius

  • Rob Usdin
    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2005
      I would speculate that in order for a podcast to be featured on Adam's
      Sirius show - it would have to be a member of podshow.com. There will
      probably be some kind of agreement in the podshow license that
      specifically addresses the use of the podcast on Adam's Sirius show, and
      I can see where it might be possible that a podcaster might have some
      monetary benefit through having their show featured on the Sirius show.
      This would be in line with what Adam was talking about - "cream of the
      crop rising to the top." It would drive podcasters to produce better
      shows, knowing they have the chance of being featured on Sirius. It's
      an interesting synergy. It would also drive business TO podshow, as
      podcasters who wanted to try and get noticed outside of the podcast
      realm - and heard by people who might not hear them - would flock to
      Podshow rather then other sites.

      I also think that it might be pretty tough for Adam to feature
      non-Podshow podcasts - as it's likely he'd need to set up specific
      agreements with each of them, and there is frankly no way he can go
      through them all (even with a staff to assist him). I could be wrong
      there, but you never know.

      THat's my analysis - take it or leave it.

      --*Rob

    • Gavin Impett
      Message 80 of 80 , May 5, 2005
        I think you are basically right. Satelite radio is a t-rex competing
        with the rats after the meteor hit. They are going extinct and they
        don't know why. My guess is the switch to a podcast format will speed
        up the process of switching to a decentralized network business model.
        The difficulty I see on this site, is the large amount of posters who
        are committed to a cheeter/Marxist/artist ideology - art for art's
        sake and the artist who profits from their art is a "sell-out."
        Charles Darwin based his theory of evolution by natural selection on
        Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nation's, not Das Capitol, as some of you
        clearly believe.

        The current Darwinian thinking treats art as a kind of peacock's tail,
        meaning a display of sexual health. For the reader's go get The Mating
        Mind: How sexual choice shaped the evolution of Human Nature, by
        Geofrey Miller. For the watcher's, go rent A Beautiful Mind.

        Yours in Darwin,
        Gavin Impett