Re: [podcasters] Adam Curry to Host Podcast Show on Sirius

  • Peter Ker
    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2005
      Kwe Hello, offtopic BUT.......
      wasn't Cable TV SUPPOSED to be Commercial Free too?
      Was for a while eh then BOOM, commercials all over the
      place and only PREMIUM channels commercial
      Free....SORTA.........Promo's abound tween shows on
      PREMIUM channels. If I were a trucker XM/Sirius would
      prolly be a must have, these folks aren't getting my
      $$$ tho Already plenty of Radio Stations in NYC for
      FREE that I don't listen too, why pay for more to not
      listen to ;-) DirecTV's MusicChoice I listened to on
      occassion tho I must admit. Beware , commercial free
      may not be.

      Rant off.

      >Both are hoping to lure in enough customers paying
      >$12.95 per month to
      >become
      >profitable, though for now both are losing large
      >amounts of money. Both
      >deliver dozens of
      >channels of commercial-free music and many other
      >channels with sports,
      >talk and other
      >programs.

      http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
      http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gavin Impett
      Message 80 of 80 , May 5, 2005
        I think you are basically right. Satelite radio is a t-rex competing
        with the rats after the meteor hit. They are going extinct and they
        don't know why. My guess is the switch to a podcast format will speed
        up the process of switching to a decentralized network business model.
        The difficulty I see on this site, is the large amount of posters who
        are committed to a cheeter/Marxist/artist ideology - art for art's
        sake and the artist who profits from their art is a "sell-out."
        Charles Darwin based his theory of evolution by natural selection on
        Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nation's, not Das Capitol, as some of you
        clearly believe.

        The current Darwinian thinking treats art as a kind of peacock's tail,
        meaning a display of sexual health. For the reader's go get The Mating
        Mind: How sexual choice shaped the evolution of Human Nature, by
        Geofrey Miller. For the watcher's, go rent A Beautiful Mind.

        Yours in Darwin,
        Gavin Impett