Re: [podcasters] mac software question

  • Ryan King
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 12:19 PM
      On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:

      > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
      > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
      > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
      > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
      > Double Ender is ;-)

      It means that there's two of us and we each record our own audio
      (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix the two audio
      pieces together later.

      -ryan

      > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
      > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

    • Peter Ker
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 12:33 PM
        Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
        Audacity doing this.

        O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

        --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
        > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
        >
        > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
        > mix?
        > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
        > yer
        > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
        > this
        > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
        > what a
        > > Double Ender is ;-)
        >
        > It means that there's two of us and we each record
        > our own audio
        > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
        > the two audio
        > pieces together later.
        >
        > -ryan
        >

        > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
        > >
        > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
        > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

        http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
        http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mac Philly
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3 9:42 AM
          Hey Peter,

          Well, I'm generally not mixing them separately. When I record a double ender
          I do it live using Wire Tap Pro, editing does happen in Amadeus II
          generally.

          Best,
          Phillip

          On 5/1/05, Peter Ker <midgaardserpent@...> wrote:

          > Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
          > Audacity doing this.
          >
          > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
          >
          > --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
          > > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
          > >
          > > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
          > > mix?
          > > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
          > > yer
          > > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
          > > this
          > > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
          > > what a
          > > > Double Ender is ;-)
          > >
          > > It means that there's two of us and we each record
          > > our own audio
          > > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
          > > the two audio
          > > pieces together later.
          > >
          > > -ryan
          > >

          > > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
          > > >
          > > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
          > > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
          > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

        • Brian Noe
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3 9:47 AM
            the last time i did this, i used audio hijack -- one hijack to record
            my end and one to record the skype to my partner

            we used a "three, two, one, mark" to get a reference for syncing, then
            i mixed them together using audacity

            results are in the april 15th podcast at http://studiocpodcast.blogspot.com

            noe