Re: [podcasters] mac software question

  • Peter Ker
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
      Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
      appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
      with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
      Double Ender is ;-)

      O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

      http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
      http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ryan King
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2005
        On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:

        > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
        > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
        > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
        > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
        > Double Ender is ;-)

        It means that there's two of us and we each record our own audio
        (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix the two audio
        pieces together later.

        -ryan

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2005
          Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
          Audacity doing this.

          O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

          --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
          > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
          >
          > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
          > mix?
          > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
          > yer
          > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
          > this
          > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
          > what a
          > > Double Ender is ;-)
          >
          > It means that there's two of us and we each record
          > our own audio
          > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
          > the two audio
          > pieces together later.
          >
          > -ryan
          >

          > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
          > >
          > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
          > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

          http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
          http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Mac Philly
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2005
            Hey Peter,

            Well, I'm generally not mixing them separately. When I record a double ender
            I do it live using Wire Tap Pro, editing does happen in Amadeus II
            generally.

            Best,
            Phillip

            On 5/1/05, Peter Ker <midgaardserpent@...> wrote:

            > Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
            > Audacity doing this.
            >
            > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
            >
            > --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
            > > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
            > >
            > > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
            > > mix?
            > > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
            > > yer
            > > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
            > > this
            > > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
            > > what a
            > > > Double Ender is ;-)
            > >
            > > It means that there's two of us and we each record
            > > our own audio
            > > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
            > > the two audio
            > > pieces together later.
            > >
            > > -ryan
            > >

            > > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
            > > >
            > > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
            > > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
            > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

          • Brian Noe
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2005
              the last time i did this, i used audio hijack -- one hijack to record
              my end and one to record the skype to my partner

              we used a "three, two, one, mark" to get a reference for syncing, then
              i mixed them together using audacity

              results are in the april 15th podcast at http://studiocpodcast.blogspot.com

              noe