Re: [podcasters] mac software question

  • Ryan King
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      On Apr 30, 2005, at 10:20 PM, robert wrote:

      > Ryan,
      >
      > I use Garageband (just switched today to V2.01)

      Hmm, I have 1.1.

      > What is your hardware set up?

      Well, the audio's all recorded, so I don't think this is an issue.

      > I have not had any issues bringing in MP3 or AIFF files.
      >
      > The only files I had issues with were WMA - which I convert to WAV
      > and then bring in.
      >
      > What is the length of the files you are bringing in? If they are
      > over 36 Minutes that might be the problem with Garageband -
      > otherwise it should do what you need it to

      This would be a significant problem. Does GarageBand have a 36 minute
      limit? Everything I work with is longer than that.

      -ryan

      > Rob W
      > podcast411
      >
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >

      >> From: Ryan King <ryan@...>
      >> Date: April 30, 2005 11:27:36 PM CDT
      >> To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: [podcasters] mac software question
      >>
      >> Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
      >> Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
      >> using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
      >> as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
      >> together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
      >> channels as separate tracks).
      >>
      >> Any suggestions for better software to use?
      >>
      >> -ryan
      >>

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Peter Ker
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2005
        Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
        Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
        appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
        with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
        Double Ender is ;-)

        O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

        http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
        http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ryan King
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2005
          On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:

          > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
          > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
          > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
          > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
          > Double Ender is ;-)

          It means that there's two of us and we each record our own audio
          (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix the two audio
          pieces together later.

          -ryan

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2005
            Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
            Audacity doing this.

            O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

            --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
            > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
            >
            > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
            > mix?
            > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
            > yer
            > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
            > this
            > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
            > what a
            > > Double Ender is ;-)
            >
            > It means that there's two of us and we each record
            > our own audio
            > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
            > the two audio
            > pieces together later.
            >
            > -ryan
            >

            > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
            > >
            > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
            > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

            http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
            http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mac Philly
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2005
              Hey Peter,

              Well, I'm generally not mixing them separately. When I record a double ender
              I do it live using Wire Tap Pro, editing does happen in Amadeus II
              generally.

              Best,
              Phillip

              On 5/1/05, Peter Ker <midgaardserpent@...> wrote:

              > Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
              > Audacity doing this.
              >
              > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
              >
              > --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
              > > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
              > >
              > > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
              > > mix?
              > > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
              > > yer
              > > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
              > > this
              > > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
              > > what a
              > > > Double Ender is ;-)
              > >
              > > It means that there's two of us and we each record
              > > our own audio
              > > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
              > > the two audio
              > > pieces together later.
              > >
              > > -ryan
              > >

              > > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
              > > >
              > > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
              > > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
              > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

            • Brian Noe
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                the last time i did this, i used audio hijack -- one hijack to record
                my end and one to record the skype to my partner

                we used a "three, two, one, mark" to get a reference for syncing, then
                i mixed them together using audacity

                results are in the april 15th podcast at http://studiocpodcast.blogspot.com

                noe