Re: [podcasters] mac software question

  • Brian Noe
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      audacity!

      http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

      good luck!

      noe

      http://homepage.mac.com/noebie/studioc/gear.htm

      On 4/30/05, Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
      > Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
      > Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
      > using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
      > as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
      > together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
      > channels as separate tracks).
      >
      > Any suggestions for better software to use?
      >
      > -ryan

    • Ryan King
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2005
        On Apr 30, 2005, at 10:20 PM, robert wrote:

        > Ryan,
        >
        > I use Garageband (just switched today to V2.01)

        Hmm, I have 1.1.

        > What is your hardware set up?

        Well, the audio's all recorded, so I don't think this is an issue.

        > I have not had any issues bringing in MP3 or AIFF files.
        >
        > The only files I had issues with were WMA - which I convert to WAV
        > and then bring in.
        >
        > What is the length of the files you are bringing in? If they are
        > over 36 Minutes that might be the problem with Garageband -
        > otherwise it should do what you need it to

        This would be a significant problem. Does GarageBand have a 36 minute
        limit? Everything I work with is longer than that.

        -ryan

        > Rob W
        > podcast411
        >
        > Begin forwarded message:
        >

        >> From: Ryan King <ryan@...>
        >> Date: April 30, 2005 11:27:36 PM CDT
        >> To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
        >> Subject: [podcasters] mac software question
        >>
        >> Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
        >> Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
        >> using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
        >> as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
        >> together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
        >> channels as separate tracks).
        >>
        >> Any suggestions for better software to use?
        >>
        >> -ryan
        >>

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Peter Ker
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2005
          Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
          Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
          appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
          with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
          Double Ender is ;-)

          O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

          http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
          http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Ryan King
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2005
            On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:

            > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
            > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
            > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
            > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
            > Double Ender is ;-)

            It means that there's two of us and we each record our own audio
            (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix the two audio
            pieces together later.

            -ryan

            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2005
              Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
              Audacity doing this.

              O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

              --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
              > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
              >
              > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
              > mix?
              > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
              > yer
              > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
              > this
              > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
              > what a
              > > Double Ender is ;-)
              >
              > It means that there's two of us and we each record
              > our own audio
              > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
              > the two audio
              > pieces together later.
              >
              > -ryan
              >

              > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
              > >
              > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
              > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

              http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
              http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Mac Philly
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                Hey Peter,

                Well, I'm generally not mixing them separately. When I record a double ender
                I do it live using Wire Tap Pro, editing does happen in Amadeus II
                generally.

                Best,
                Phillip

                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                  the last time i did this, i used audio hijack -- one hijack to record
                  my end and one to record the skype to my partner

                  we used a "three, two, one, mark" to get a reference for syncing, then
                  i mixed them together using audacity

                  results are in the april 15th podcast at http://studiocpodcast.blogspot.com

                  noe