mac software question

  • Ryan King
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
      Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
      Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
      using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
      as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
      together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
      channels as separate tracks).

      Any suggestions for better software to use?

      -ryan
    • Brian Noe
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2005
        audacity!

        http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

        good luck!

        noe

        http://homepage.mac.com/noebie/studioc/gear.htm

        On 4/30/05, Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
        > Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
        > Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
        > using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
        > as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
        > together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
        > channels as separate tracks).
        >
        > Any suggestions for better software to use?
        >
        > -ryan

      • Ryan King
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2005
          On Apr 30, 2005, at 10:20 PM, robert wrote:

          > Ryan,
          >
          > I use Garageband (just switched today to V2.01)

          Hmm, I have 1.1.

          > What is your hardware set up?

          Well, the audio's all recorded, so I don't think this is an issue.

          > I have not had any issues bringing in MP3 or AIFF files.
          >
          > The only files I had issues with were WMA - which I convert to WAV
          > and then bring in.
          >
          > What is the length of the files you are bringing in? If they are
          > over 36 Minutes that might be the problem with Garageband -
          > otherwise it should do what you need it to

          This would be a significant problem. Does GarageBand have a 36 minute
          limit? Everything I work with is longer than that.

          -ryan

          > Rob W
          > podcast411
          >
          > Begin forwarded message:
          >

          >> From: Ryan King <ryan@...>
          >> Date: April 30, 2005 11:27:36 PM CDT
          >> To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
          >> Subject: [podcasters] mac software question
          >>
          >> Any podcasters out there mixing down double (or more) enders on a
          >> Mac? I'm just trying to figure out some good software to use. I tried
          >> using GarageBand (v1.1), but had problems importing my tracks (both
          >> as aiff and mp3). I'm currently using Amadeus to mix the tracks
          >> together, but I'm limited to only 2 tracks (by using the stereo
          >> channels as separate tracks).
          >>
          >> Any suggestions for better software to use?
          >>
          >> -ryan
          >>

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Peter Ker
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2005
            Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
            Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
            appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
            with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
            Double Ender is ;-)

            O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

            http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
            http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Ryan King
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2005
              On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:

              > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to mix?
              > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean yer
              > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do this
              > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious what a
              > Double Ender is ;-)

              It means that there's two of us and we each record our own audio
              (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix the two audio
              pieces together later.

              -ryan

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                Nia:wen Thank you, Ryan, should have no trouble in
                Audacity doing this.

                O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now

                --- Ryan King <ryan@...> wrote:
                > On May 1, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Ker wrote:
                >
                > > Kwe Hello Ryan, have you tried using Audacity to
                > mix?
                > > Not sure what a Double Ender is tho, if you mean
                > yer
                > > appending to the fore and aft of the podcast I do
                > this
                > > with Audacity all the time. If not I'm curious
                > what a
                > > Double Ender is ;-)
                >
                > It means that there's two of us and we each record
                > our own audio
                > (while talking over Skype or the phone), then mix
                > the two audio
                > pieces together later.
                >
                > -ryan
                >

                > > O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
                > >
                > > http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
                > > http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

                http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
                http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Mac Philly
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                  Hey Peter,

                  Well, I'm generally not mixing them separately. When I record a double ender
                  I do it live using Wire Tap Pro, editing does happen in Amadeus II
                  generally.

                  Best,
                  Phillip

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                    the last time i did this, i used audio hijack -- one hijack to record
                    my end and one to record the skype to my partner

                    we used a "three, two, one, mark" to get a reference for syncing, then
                    i mixed them together using audacity

                    results are in the april 15th podcast at http://studiocpodcast.blogspot.com

                    noe