Streaming Radio Recorder + Podcasting: BlogMatrix Sparks!

  • David Janes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      We've taken the core "engine" from Jäger that handles downloading
      syndication, enclosures, etc.., put a new GUI on it, wrapped in "mplayer"
      and "lame" and now we have a new product called "BlogMatrix Sparks!" that
      not only handles podcasts (the gui code is not all hooked up yet though for
      this -- we'll probably have this out later tonight or tomorrow), it also can
      record streaming Internet radio feeds and treat them as podcasts. It also
      has a pretty cool OPML browser (screenshots:
      http://sparks.blogmatrix.com/sampler/) hooked in.

      The Windows announcement is here
      (http://jaeger.blogmatrix.com/weblog/archives/2004_12.shtml#003060) and the
      Mac announcment is here
      (http://jaeger.blogmatrix.com/weblog/archives/2004_12.shtml#003062). The
      main difference between the Windows and Mac version is that Windows has a
      Mozilla browser built in; the Mac has something much simpler.

      The installer on Windows is shared with Jäger. If you've tried that already
      and it's not your thing, just turn off the appropriate check boxes.

      We'll probably be adding a way soon to upload downloaded radio shows as
      podcasts (i.e. RSS 2 + Enclosures). This isn't out of evil intent so much as
      a way of sharing resources (CPU power, always-on Internet between) multiple
      machines.

      Regards, etc...
      David
      http://jaeger.blogmatrix.com