Re: [podcasters] How many listeners?

  • Kevin Devin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      I haven't dedicated too much time to figuring out how many subscribers
      that I have. I feel that at this point in the game, it's just too
      difficult to waste too much time and effort on. What I mean by that
      is, podcatching clients are still in their infancy and as a result are
      being tested over and over and over by testers which in result, drives
      up downloads. Additionally, the iPodder 1.1 bug that caused repeated
      downloads didn't help matters either.

      In all, the only way that I feel that I can get ANY kind of a snapshot
      of who is listening is my stats within the first 24 hours. Most all
      podcatching clients are set to at least pull their feeds once within a
      24 hour period.

      -KHD

      In the Trenches podcast
      http://kevindevin.com

      On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:02:23 -0800, Jason Evangelho
      <jasonevangelho@...> wrote:

      > Because of my setup, I can't track exact show stats, but can track
      > unique IP hits and total number of downloads.
      > From 11/20 to 11/29 there were 2,300 downloads from 1200 unique
      > visitors, which pushed outa total of 28 GB.
      >
      > Now, I'm in agreement with Kris. Just because AC has his own podsquad,
      > doesn't mean we CANNOT. We need to push each other's shows, grow them
      > together, and then pool our resources.
      >
      > Otherwise, we're all going to be in the poorhouse...
      >
      > Jason
      > Insomnia Radio
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scott Alden
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
        On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:50:26 -0000, Thomas Wanhoff
        <moongreen2001@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have an idea, how many poeple are listing to podcasts? i
        > heard, adam currys DSC is heard by 50.000 people. but is there a
        > general statistic?
        > my one at sammelstelle.net is downloaded ca.120 times per file. I fear
        > mostly podcasters are listng to podcasts..
        >
        > some comments?
        >
        > thomas

        Our show is getting between 3000 and 5000 downloads per episode.
        We're doing weekly 30 MB shows (around 1-2 hours a piece) related to
        the board game hobby.

        --
        Scott Alden
        GeekSpeak