RE: [podcasters] Out of bandwidth

  • Geek News
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 29 5:38 PM
      Harold

      See my show notes for today I found several host that offer great deals on
      bandwidth read the user agreements closely.
      www.geeknewscentral.com

      _____

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 29 8:09 PM
        Damn Harold, that is disappointing. I'm sure you're not alone. As you
        know, I've switched to mp3 from torrents, but only because of a small
        free miracle.

        If your show is popular enough, which it sounds like it is, you may go
        the BitTorrent route...I know you're somewhat opposed to it, but Curry
        and Winer are working out the kinks. . .

        Something to ponder. Good luck to you.

        Jason

        On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:39:02 -0000, Harold J. Johnson
        <harold.johnson@...> wrote:

        > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a new
        > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes down
        > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000 megs/mo.
        > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
        > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be exceeded
        > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to do?
        >
        > Harold
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >

        > Get unlimited calls to
        >
        > U.S./Canada

        Jason Evangelho
        Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
        http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
        RSS Feed:
        http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
        IndieFeed Podcast
        http://www.indiefeed.com
        AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
        Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
        MSN: jason_evangelho@...

        "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
        strong to be broken."
        ~Samuel Johnson
      • Jason Evangelho
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 29 8:32 PM
          Harold;
          I'd be interested to hear your experience with it. I can't seem to
          find any guidelines re: bandwidth, file size, etc....

          This could be a great opportunity for many..
          jason

          On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:45:02 -0000, Harold J. Johnson
          <harold.johnson@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Greg. Yes, I was considering taking them up on their offer. I
          > wonder how reliable their hosting is? Well, I suppose I'll find out.
          >
          > Harold
          >
          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Narain <greg@f...> wrote:
          > > Harold,
          > >
          > > I heard today about the Creative Commons Publisher program (find out
          > > more at http://creativecommons.org/audio/publish-internetarchive).
          > > Essentially, they provide free hosting for non-commercial content.
          > >
          > > Hope that helps some,
          > > Greg
          > >
          > > ------------
          > > Beercasting.com - Served Fresh and Frost (Almost) Every Single
          > Damned Day!
          > > Start Your Own Beercast Today!
          > >
          > > http://beercasting.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Jason Evangelho
          Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
          http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
          RSS Feed:
          http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
          IndieFeed Podcast
          http://www.indiefeed.com
          AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
          Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
          MSN: jason_evangelho@...

          "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
          strong to be broken."
          ~Samuel Johnson
        • Harold Johnson
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 29 10:29 PM
            Hi TD,

            I remember you previous post regarding Cyberwurx. Thanks for
            reminding me about it, but I'm afraid it's way out of my league at the
            moment. Maybe once the advertisers come knockin' I'll be able to pay
            more for bandwidth. Unfortunately, I'm currently unemployed and have
            been using 1&1 Internet's free webhosting offer up til now.

            Harold

            On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:37:33 -0000, TDavid <tdavid@...> wrote:

            > Hi Harold,
            >
            > Don't know what your budget is like, but Cyberwurx.com has special
            > hosting plans specifically for podcasters. It's just file hosting,
            > FTP and stats. Here's the plans I'm aware of that aren't even
            > advertised on their website:
            >
            > 100GB = $50/month (50 cents a gig)
            > 200GB = $80/month (40 cents a gig)
            > 300GB = $90/month (30 cents a gig)
            > over 300GB -- ask them for special deal (sold as MBPS at that point)
            >
            > If interested, just email sales at cyberwurx.com and tell them that
            > I, TDavid, sent you and they'll get you hooked up.
            >
            > We're using them for webmastercookbook.com and are very satisfied
            > with speed, relibility, etc. We also have multiple managed dedicated
            > servers, but for our new podcasting venture I wanted to segregate
            > the bandwith so I could keep a close eye on it and also so it
            > wouldn't impact the rest of the website. Podcasting-specific plans
            > like the one offered by Cyberwurx are great for that.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            >
            > TD
            >
            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Harold J. Johnson"
            >

            > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a
            > new
            > > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes
            > down
            > > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000
            > megs/mo.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >

            > Get unlimited calls to
            >
            > U.S./Canada

          • Harold Johnson
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 29 11:06 PM
              Thanks, Todd. I'm checking it. Has anyone looked into DeluXe Host?
              There seems to be a major hurdle with that service, which offers 300GB
              of free bandwidth. The hurdle: no "hot links". Does anyone know what
              that means? I'm guessing--purely guessing--that this means no links
              pointing to your podcast. Which, of course, would defeat our
              purposes.

              I've submitted an app to DeluXe to go with my domain
              audiocasting.info, and I'm going to set up the site to test its
              limitations. I'll let you all know how it goes.

              Harold

            • akb@demandmedia.net
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 30 3:09 AM
                You might consider using Coral, an academic testbed Content Delivery
                Network (CDN). Just add nyud.net:8090 to your url and your content gets
                delivered by a network of a few hundred machines on fat pipes, for *free*.
                For example:

                http://foo.com/bar.mp3

                becomes

                http://foo.com.nyud.net:8090/bar.mp3

                I believe openpodcast.org uses them. Its currently in beta and there's a
                50MB file size limit, but people have reported good results. For more
                info:

                http://www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/coral/

                alan

                http://demandmedia.net/
                Collaborative Video Blog
              • Harold Johnson
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 30 10:48 AM
                  Yes, I heard your recent podcast accounting your bandwidth challenges.
                  From MP3 to torrents back to MP3--it all seems so time-consuming, but
                  that's the day and age we live in: "The Early Days of Podcasting, in
                  Which a Few Lucky Souls Get To Work Out the Kinks". I hope history
                  will credit us more fairly than our dear friend Tesla...at least an
                  archive of our podcasts would prove that we were there before Clear
                  Channel or Sirius took over podcasting!

                  Okay, back to the topic. I tried CCPublisher yesterday. On my first
                  attempt at uploading a file, the transfer seemed to hang. It appeared
                  to begin uploading (the transfer bar indicated this), so I left the
                  app alone for a few hours. When I returned, the transfer was still
                  incomplete, so I quit the app.

                  I'm going to try again today, and I'll let you all know the results.

                  Harold

                  On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:09:00 -0800, Jason Evangelho
                  <jasonevangelho@...> wrote:
                  > Damn Harold, that is disappointing. I'm sure you're not alone. As you
                  > know, I've switched to mp3 from torrents, but only because of a small
                  > free miracle.
                  >
                  > If your show is popular enough, which it sounds like it is, you may go
                  > the BitTorrent route...I know you're somewhat opposed to it, but Curry
                  > and Winer are working out the kinks. . .
                  >
                  > Something to ponder. Good luck to you.
                  >
                  > Jason
                  >

                  > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:39:02 -0000, Harold J. Johnson
                  > <harold.johnson@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a new
                  > > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes down
                  > > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000 megs/mo.
                  > > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
                  > > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be exceeded
                  > > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to do?
                  > >
                  > > Harold
                  > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  > >

                  > > Get unlimited calls to
                  > >
                  > > U.S./Canada

                  > Jason Evangelho
                  > Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
                  > http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
                  > RSS Feed:
                  > http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
                  > IndieFeed Podcast
                  > http://www.indiefeed.com
                  > AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
                  > Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
                  > MSN: jason_evangelho@...
                  >
                  > "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
                  > strong to be broken."
                  > ~Samuel Johnson
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • mglehman
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 30 2:24 PM
                    I do so love being an early adopter ;)

                    I too tried CCPublisher with the same results.
                    I then tried the web interface and was able to upload a file
                    successfully.

                    -- Michael Lehman
                    -- www.softwareland.org

                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
                    <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                    > Yes, I heard your recent podcast accounting your bandwidth
                    challenges.
                    > From MP3 to torrents back to MP3--it all seems so time-consuming,
                    but
                    > that's the day and age we live in: "The Early Days of Podcasting,
                    in
                    > Which a Few Lucky Souls Get To Work Out the Kinks". I hope history
                    > will credit us more fairly than our dear friend Tesla...at least an
                    > archive of our podcasts would prove that we were there before Clear
                    > Channel or Sirius took over podcasting!
                    >
                    > Okay, back to the topic. I tried CCPublisher yesterday. On my
                    first
                    > attempt at uploading a file, the transfer seemed to hang. It
                    appeared
                    > to begin uploading (the transfer bar indicated this), so I left the
                    > app alone for a few hours. When I returned, the transfer was still
                    > incomplete, so I quit the app.
                    >
                    > I'm going to try again today, and I'll let you all know the
                    results.

                    > Harold
                    >
                    > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:09:00 -0800, Jason Evangelho
                    > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
                    > > Damn Harold, that is disappointing. I'm sure you're not alone.
                    As you
                    > > know, I've switched to mp3 from torrents, but only because of a
                    small
                    > > free miracle.
                    > >
                    > > If your show is popular enough, which it sounds like it is, you
                    may go
                    > > the BitTorrent route...I know you're somewhat opposed to it,
                    but Curry
                    > > and Winer are working out the kinks. . .
                    > >
                    > > Something to ponder. Good luck to you.
                    > >
                    > > Jason
                    > >

                    > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:39:02 -0000, Harold J. Johnson
                    > > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to
                    find a new
                    > > > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file
                    sizes down
                    > > > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000
                    megs/mo.
                    > > > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
                    > > > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be
                    exceeded
                    > > > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to
                    do?

                    > > > Harold
                    > > >

                    > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    > > >

                    > > > Get unlimited calls to
                    > > >
                    > > > U.S./Canada

                    Service.

                    > > --
                    > > Jason Evangelho
                    > > Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
                    > > http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
                    > > RSS Feed:
                    > > http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
                    > > IndieFeed Podcast
                    > > http://www.indiefeed.com
                    > > AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
                    > > Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
                    > > MSN: jason_evangelho@m...
                    > >
                    > > "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
                    > > strong to be broken."
                    > > ~Samuel Johnson
                    > >

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Service.
                  • Harold Johnson
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 30 8:02 PM
                      Yes, I noticed yours there yesterday, Michael. Yours was right there
                      at the top of the Open Source Audio page.

                      Harold

                      On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:24:07 -0000, mglehman <ipodder@...> wrote:

                      > I do so love being an early adopter ;)
                      >
                      > I too tried CCPublisher with the same results.
                      > I then tried the web interface and was able to upload a file
                      > successfully.
                      >
                      > -- Michael Lehman
                      > -- www.softwareland.org
                      >

                      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
                      >

                      > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                      > > Yes, I heard your recent podcast accounting your bandwidth
                      > challenges.
                      > > From MP3 to torrents back to MP3--it all seems so time-consuming,
                      > but
                      > > that's the day and age we live in: "The Early Days of Podcasting,
                      > in
                      > > Which a Few Lucky Souls Get To Work Out the Kinks". I hope history
                      > > will credit us more fairly than our dear friend Tesla...at least an
                      > > archive of our podcasts would prove that we were there before Clear
                      > > Channel or Sirius took over podcasting!
                      > >
                      > > Okay, back to the topic. I tried CCPublisher yesterday. On my
                      > first
                      > > attempt at uploading a file, the transfer seemed to hang. It
                      > appeared
                      > > to begin uploading (the transfer bar indicated this), so I left the
                      > > app alone for a few hours. When I returned, the transfer was still
                      > > incomplete, so I quit the app.
                      > >
                      > > I'm going to try again today, and I'll let you all know the
                      > results.
                      > >
                      > > Harold
                      > >
                      > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:09:00 -0800, Jason Evangelho
                      > > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
                      > > > Damn Harold, that is disappointing. I'm sure you're not alone.
                      > As you
                      > > > know, I've switched to mp3 from torrents, but only because of a
                      > small
                      > > > free miracle.
                      > > >
                      > > > If your show is popular enough, which it sounds like it is, you
                      > may go
                      > > > the BitTorrent route...I know you're somewhat opposed to it,
                      > but Curry
                      > > > and Winer are working out the kinks. . .
                      > > >
                      > > > Something to ponder. Good luck to you.
                      > > >
                      > > > Jason

                      > find a new
                      > sizes down
                      > megs/mo.
                      > exceeded
                      > do?

                      > Service.
                      > > >

                      > > > --
                      > > > Jason Evangelho
                      > > > Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
                      > > > http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
                      > > > RSS Feed:
                      > > > http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
                      > > > IndieFeed Podcast
                      > > > http://www.indiefeed.com
                      > > > AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
                      > > > Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
                      > > > MSN: jason_evangelho@m...
                      >

                      > > > "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
                      > > > strong to be broken."
                      > > > ~Samuel Johnson
                      > > >

                      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      > Service.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Peter Forret
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                        I came across http://www.libsyn.org/
                        "We don't want you to be penalized if your show gets popular. That is
                        why we do not charge for bandwidth usage, or for hosting a static
                        amount of web storage. Instead, our price model is based on how much
                        space you need a month."

                        They have a 'Podcast Basic': $5/month for 100MB per month.
                        They are hosted at ev1servers.net (which is not bad), but there are
                        apparemtly no customers yet.
                        (domain was registered on 25-Oct-2004 - they've only just started)

                        Peter

                        <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:

                        > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a
                        new
                        > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes down
                        > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000 megs/mo.
                        > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
                        > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be exceeded
                        > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to do?
                        >
                        > Harold
                      • Nathan R. Yergler
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                          Thanks for giving ccPublisher a try; I actually released a new version
                          this morning which fixes a bug that sounds similar to what you
                          described here. You can find downloads at
                          http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/software/publisher. Let me know if
                          you still have problems and I'll be happy to work on tracking down the
                          bug. Thanks again for giving it a try.

                          Nathan

                          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "mglehman" <ipodder@m...> wrote:

                          > I do so love being an early adopter ;)
                          >
                          > I too tried CCPublisher with the same results.
                          > I then tried the web interface and was able to upload a file
                          > successfully.
                          >
                          > -- Michael Lehman
                          > -- www.softwareland.org
                          >

                          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
                          > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                          > > Yes, I heard your recent podcast accounting your bandwidth
                          > challenges.
                          > > From MP3 to torrents back to MP3--it all seems so time-consuming,
                          > but
                          > > that's the day and age we live in: "The Early Days of Podcasting,
                          > in
                          > > Which a Few Lucky Souls Get To Work Out the Kinks". I hope history
                          > > will credit us more fairly than our dear friend Tesla...at least an
                          > > archive of our podcasts would prove that we were there before Clear
                          > > Channel or Sirius took over podcasting!
                          > >
                          > > Okay, back to the topic. I tried CCPublisher yesterday. On my
                          > first
                          > > attempt at uploading a file, the transfer seemed to hang. It
                          > appeared
                          > > to begin uploading (the transfer bar indicated this), so I left the
                          > > app alone for a few hours. When I returned, the transfer was still
                          > > incomplete, so I quit the app.
                          > >
                          > > I'm going to try again today, and I'll let you all know the
                          > results.
                          > >
                          > > Harold
                          > >
                          > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:09:00 -0800, Jason Evangelho
                          > > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
                          > > > Damn Harold, that is disappointing. I'm sure you're not alone.
                          > As you
                          > > > know, I've switched to mp3 from torrents, but only because of a
                          > small
                          > > > free miracle.
                          > > >
                          > > > If your show is popular enough, which it sounds like it is, you
                          > may go
                          > > > the BitTorrent route...I know you're somewhat opposed to it,
                          > but Curry
                          > > > and Winer are working out the kinks. . .
                          > > >
                          > > > Something to ponder. Good luck to you.
                          > > >
                          > > > Jason

                          > find a new
                          > sizes down
                          > megs/mo.
                          > exceeded
                          > do?

                          > Service.
                          > > >

                          > > > --
                          > > > Jason Evangelho
                          > > > Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
                          > > > http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
                          > > > RSS Feed:
                          > > > http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
                          > > > IndieFeed Podcast
                          > > > http://www.indiefeed.com
                          > > > AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
                          > > > Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
                          > > > MSN: jason_evangelho@m...
                          > > >
                          > > > "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
                          > > > strong to be broken."
                          > > > ~Samuel Johnson
                          > > >

                          > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          > Service.
                        • Jason Evangelho
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                            That's some unbelievable pricing. Sounds like a great business model
                            to me. Everyone should jump to this pretty soon...

                            On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:28:43 -0000, Peter Forret <yahoo@...> wrote:

                            > I came across http://www.libsyn.org/
                            > "We don't want you to be penalized if your show gets popular. That is
                            > why we do not charge for bandwidth usage, or for hosting a static
                            > amount of web storage. Instead, our price model is based on how much
                            > space you need a month."
                            >
                            > They have a 'Podcast Basic': $5/month for 100MB per month.
                            > They are hosted at ev1servers.net (which is not bad), but there are
                            > apparemtly no customers yet.
                            > (domain was registered on 25-Oct-2004 - they've only just started)
                            >
                            > Peter
                            >
                            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Harold J. Johnson"
                            > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a
                            > new
                            > > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes down
                            > > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000 megs/mo.
                            > > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
                            > > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be exceeded
                            > > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to do?
                            > >
                            > > Harold
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Jason Evangelho
                            Insomnia Radio: Powered by iPodio
                            http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
                            RSS Feed:
                            http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml
                            IndieFeed Podcast
                            http://www.indiefeed.com
                            AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
                            Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
                            MSN: jason_evangelho@...

                            "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
                            strong to be broken."
                            ~Samuel Johnson
                          • Russell S. Holliman
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                              Not bad... I have several sites hosted through ev1servers and they
                              have some pretty good deals as well (check out their "virtual
                              servers"). They will host your domain, give you 50 email addresses,
                              100mb storage, and unlimited bandwidth for $10 a month. I pay $30 a
                              month for all of that but with 300mb. And ev1 has a great pipe. Not
                              sure about libsyn's pipe...

                              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Forret" <yahoo@f...> wrote:

                              > I came across http://www.libsyn.org/
                              > "We don't want you to be penalized if your show gets popular. That is
                              > why we do not charge for bandwidth usage, or for hosting a static
                              > amount of web storage. Instead, our price model is based on how much
                              > space you need a month."
                              >
                              > They have a 'Podcast Basic': $5/month for 100MB per month.
                              > They are hosted at ev1servers.net (which is not bad), but there are
                              > apparemtly no customers yet.
                              > (domain was registered on 25-Oct-2004 - they've only just started)
                              >
                              > Peter
                              >
                              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Harold J. Johnson"
                              > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Okay, I'm doomed. I'm out of bandwidth, and now I have to find a
                              > new
                              > > host. It wasn't even that much bandwidth; I keep my file sizes down
                              > > to about 5 megs and my bandwidth allocation has been 5,000 megs/mo.
                              > > As of today, I'm at about 15,000 megs or so. Some of it I've
                              > > offloaded to another host, but that limit will probably be exceeded
                              > > today, so I don't want to go with that any longer. What to do?
                              > >
                              > > Harold
                            • David Johnson
                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                                I just signed up with Bluehost and find them to be very reasonable. I
                                did a fair amount of research before signing up and they are very
                                competetive. They offer 2GB of storage and 75GB/month of traffic for
                                as little as $7/month (with a 2 year contract).

                                They also pay very generously for referals ($65 per), so if you decide
                                to go with them, please use this link:
                                http://www.bluehost.com/track/djohnson68/text1 (I know, shameless
                                plug, but I have to support my web site somehow...:)

                                On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:46:22 -0000, Nathan R. Yergler
                                <nathan@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks for giving ccPublisher a try; I actually released a new version
                                > this morning which fixes a bug that sounds similar to what you
                                > described here. You can find downloads at
                                > http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/software/publisher. Let me know if
                                > you still have problems and I'll be happy to work on tracking down the
                                > bug. Thanks again for giving it a try.
                                >
                                > Nathan
                                >

                                > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "mglehman" <ipodder@m...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I do so love being an early adopter ;)
                                > >
                                > > I too tried CCPublisher with the same results.
                                > > I then tried the web interface and was able to upload a file
                                > > successfully.
                                > >
                                > > -- Michael Lehman
                                > > -- www.softwareland.org
                                > >

                                > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
                                > > <harold.johnson@g...> wrote:
                                > > > Yes, I heard your recent podcast accounting your bandwidth
                                > > challenges.
                                > > > From MP3 to torrents back to MP3--it all seems so time-consuming,
                                > > but
                                > > > that's the day and age we live in: "The Early Days of Podcasting,
                                > > in
                                > > > Which a Few Lucky Souls Get To Work Out the Kinks". I hope history
                                > > > will credit us more fairly than our dear friend Tesla...at least an
                                > > > archive of our podcasts would prove that we were there before Clear
                                > > > Channel or Sirius took over podcasting!
                                > > >
                                > > > Okay, back to the topic. I tried CCPublisher yesterday. On my
                                > > first
                                > > > attempt at uploading a file, the transfer seemed to hang. It
                                > > appeared
                                > > > to begin uploading (the transfer bar indicated this), so I left the
                                > > > app alone for a few hours. When I returned, the transfer was still
                                > > > incomplete, so I quit the app.
                                > > >
                                > > > I'm going to try again today, and I'll let you all know the
                                > > results.
                                > > >
                                > > > Harold

                                > > As you
                                > > small

                                > > may go
                                > > but Curry

                                > > find a new
                                > > sizes down
                                > > megs/mo.
                                > > exceeded
                                > > do?

                                > > Service.

                                > > Service.

                                David Johnson
                                http://www.edave.org
                              • julien smith
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
                                  i feel like i'm missing some fine print, but damn that sounds great.
                                  i'm right at the point where i'm beginning to see a little difficulty
                                  with bandwidth coming round the bend. do they seriously have zero
                                  customers right now? i want a good review before i jump in.

                                  julien