New Member

  • filmaker2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hello all, new member here. Wondering if anyone can point me to a
      step by step site to help me set up a podcast. I'm brand new and
      technically inept. I do have either a PC with just the basic
      recording programs and also a Mac with final cut pro on it. (I do a
      little film editing) I'm looking for help on how to record, how to
      set it up to either stream from my website and/or have the program
      downloadable. Plan to do a fifteen minute broadcast each week. Any
      and all help to a VERY newbie would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Ryan Ozawa
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
        --- "filmaker2000" <filmaker2000@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all, new member here. Wondering if anyone can point me to a
        > step by step site to help me set up a podcast.

        There are some good online tutorials, some detailed some not, some for
        PC and some for Mac, some to do it on the cheap, some to go whole-hog
        studio. I've collected a few here (see the 'Articles'):

        http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/How_to_Podcast

        From the veterans here, I again invite any tweaks to make this page
        more useful.

        I podcast on a PC with free software and a cheap mic. I host my own
        sites, so the RSS feed is handled easily and automatically by
        WordPress (also free). But if you don't do webhosting, you can use a
        combination of Blogger and Feedburner to link to and feed-erize your
        podcast.

        The _hosting_ is the trickiest bit, IMHO, but sites like Ourmedia.org
        are bound to make this a little easier. Libsyn is a good all-round,
        affordable podcast-savvy webhost, and their service does the RSS for
        you too!

        Good luck!

        --
        Ryan
        HawaiiUP - Podcasting in paradise.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 19, 2005
          Hello,

          I just joined this group today.

          My name is Jeva, and I produce "Lance and Graal"
          www.lanceandgraal.com -- a podcast serving the pagan and wiccan
          community.

          Jeva
        • Chris Paulus
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2005
            Great list! It's so nice to be able to exchange so many ideas
            concerning this new way of broadcasting.

            There's a site that is offering a professional sound (or audio image)
            for podcasters. You can choose the voice that best suits your needs,
            plus choose music and special effects.

            http://www.voyagebeyond.net

            Check out my podcast:

            http://www.maacp.com

            Chris Paulus
          • Jay Fleischman
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
              Hello all!

              I joined a few days ago and have been comfortably lurking until now. I
              still don't know how useful I'll be to the conversations, but I'm going to
              try my best.

              I am the host of the Debt Podcast (www.debtpodcast.com), a show about
              getting control of your wallet. We cover debt and credit matters, credit
              reporting issues, dealing with bill collectors, and tips on increasing your
              personal financial picture.

              My question is less technical and more marketing oriented. I'm curious as
              to how you are all driving listeners to your shows. Do any of you use
              grassroots marketing or offline media to drive subscribers? Cross-marketing
              with your blogs or other online ventures?

              We've gotten some good listener numbers, but it moves too slowly for me.
              I'm not monetizing the show at this point, and probably won't even think
              about that for quite some time. The thing is I'm looking for critical mass,
              and the faster the better.

              Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of the group.

            • George L Smyth
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
                --- Jay Fleischman <debtpodcast@...> wrote:

                > Hello all!
                >
                > I joined a few days ago and have been comfortably lurking until now. I
                > still don't know how useful I'll be to the conversations, but I'm going to
                > try my best.
                >
                > I am the host of the Debt Podcast (www.debtpodcast.com), a show about
                > getting control of your wallet. We cover debt and credit matters, credit
                > reporting issues, dealing with bill collectors, and tips on increasing your
                > personal financial picture.
                >
                > My question is less technical and more marketing oriented. I'm curious as
                > to how you are all driving listeners to your shows. Do any of you use
                > grassroots marketing or offline media to drive subscribers? Cross-marketing
                > with your blogs or other online ventures?
                >
                > We've gotten some good listener numbers, but it moves too slowly for me.
                > I'm not monetizing the show at this point, and probably won't even think
                > about that for quite some time. The thing is I'm looking for critical mass,
                > and the faster the better.
                >
                > Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of the group.

                Jay -

                I'm used to seeing the rise in listenership be slow, so perhaps it's not as
                much of an issue for me. One way to gain exposure would be to enter forums of
                interest (like this one) and participate. That way, if the people think you're
                talking sense then you've got a whole group who may subscribe.

                BTW, in addition to my Eclectic Mix podcast, I do a similar one called The
                Prudent Investor (http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21).

                Cheers -

                george

                -------------------------------------

                Eclectic Mix - http://EclecticMix.com
                DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org
                Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
                The Prudent Investor - http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
              • Tracie
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                  Hi everyone. My name is Tracie and I am a new podcaster.

                  I hope everyone enjoys my podcast and I am sure I will enjoy listening to yours.

                  A little about me: I live in New Orleans, LA with my husband.
                  I am your typical 26 year old.
                  A jack of all trades, master of none is the best way to describe me.

                  My website is: www.morbidtracie.com

                  My podcast is free to subscribe.
                  Just go here:

                  http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=29618&talkCastId=29618
                  and click on your preffered program.

                  Thanks,

                  Tracie
                • Michael W. Dean
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tracie" <dragula_zombie_grrrl@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hi everyone. My name is Tracie and I am a new podcaster.
                    >
                    > I hope everyone enjoys my podcast and I am sure I will enjoy
                    listening to yours.

                    > A little about me: I live in New Orleans, LA with my husband.
                    > I am your typical 26 year old.
                    > A jack of all trades, master of none is the best way to describe me.
                    >
                    > My website is: www.morbidtracie.com
                    >
                    > My podcast is free to subscribe.
                    > Just go here:

                    http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=29618&talkCastId=29618

                    =====

                    Welcome Tracie!

                    I checked out a little of your cast.

                    While I'm actually willing to listen to a podcast that talks about the
                    joy of used tampons, the sound quality of Talkshoe through a cell
                    phone is unlistenable. Especially a music-heavy cast recorded for
                    Talkshoe through a cell phone.

                    I'd recommend investing 15 bucks in a Radio Shack headset microphone,
                    downloading Audacity (free) to record on and at least hosting on
                    Libsyn (almost free.)

                    Your listeners will thank you.

                    Also recommend redesigning your http://www.morbidtracie.com website a
                    little. There's tons of underlined text that looks like links and none
                    of it is a link. It's pretty damn confusing. And I couldn't find the
                    podcast from the website, only from the link you posted on here. The
                    Podcast link on your http://www.morbidtracie.com site seems to be the
                    topics of the casts, but no links to them.

                    MWD
                    "SUBMISSION AND COFFEE WITH DOLLIE LLAMA" (free BDSM podcast. No iPod
                    needed):
                    http://www.askdollie.com
                  • krabbykatie
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012
                      Hello everyone. I am new around here and just wanted to say hi. I have a fairly new podcast that is hosted here http://www.justafase.com/katiegetskrabby.cfm and on iTunes. It typically comes out on Tuesdays, but if you go to the site you will see this week's is late.

                      I was wondering what forms you guys use to promote your shows?

                      I have a facebook page that currently has around 1,000 fans (I can't say that all of them listen to each episode ;-( ) but beyond that I am not really sure where to go.

                      Thanks!