Re: [podcasters] Re: Recording from Microphone AND Wave in Windows XP

  • Gordon Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2004
      On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:09:26 -0000, raytracer <markv@...> wrote:

      > > Mark VandeWettering of Brainwagon demonstrates this in a 10 Mb Windows
      > > Media video file, linked from
      > > http://brainwagon.org/archives/2004/10/06/610/. Instead of CoolEdit Pro
      > > he's using Audacity.
      >
      > Woohoo! I'm popular!
      >
      > Too popular in fact, my poor little cable modem is melting under
      > the strain of downloads. If anyone wants to mirror this somewhere
      > feel free.

      http://las.new-england.net.au/brainwagon/podcast.wmv

      Gordon
      --
      Gordon Smith / VK2DJG
      http://las.new-england.net.au/
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "raytracer" <markv@b...> wrote:

        > Woohoo! I'm popular!
        >
        > Too popular in fact, my poor little cable modem is melting under
        > the strain of downloads. If anyone wants to mirror this somewhere
        > feel free.
        >
        > Mark

        How about a Bit Torrent? (Forgive me, it's my first time seeding and
        I'm not sure I actually did it right)

        http://www.escom.biz/bt//download.php?id=925&name=podcast.wmv.torrent

        Here's to hoping that it actually worked.
      • billzegarski
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 10, 2004
          On this note, does anyone know if there is something like a USB mixer
          board that can be added to a PC or Mac? I want to do a cross fade,
          but I can only click on one fader at a time. a manual board would be
          GREAT!

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, andrew clarke <mail@o...> wrote:
          > On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 05:20:14PM -0000, namlig1 wrote:
          >
          > > I've found a (rather primitive) way to route the sound of both the
          > > wave channel and the microphone channel to any recording program (I'm
          > > using Cool Edit). It seemed too simple before so I didn't bother
          > > trying it.
          > >
          > > In the sound properties in Windows select, as your recording channel,
          > > "stereo mix" then go to town in the audio editing program of your
          choice.

          > Mark VandeWettering of Brainwagon demonstrates this in a 10 Mb Windows
          > Media video file, linked from
          > http://brainwagon.org/archives/2004/10/06/610/. Instead of CoolEdit Pro
          > he's using Audacity.
          >
          > For some PC sound card the recording input is named "What U Hear" or
          > "Sum" instead of "Stereo Mix".
          >
          > Total Recorder is unnecessary for most people.
          >
          > > I can't promise it'll be the best sound quality ever, but it's a
          start.

          > The recorded audio of the mix should be near to CD quality on any modern
          > sound card provided you record at 44.1 KHz at 16-bit.
          >
          > Regards
          > Andrew
        • Wendy
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 11, 2004
            I know people who do audio documentaries rave about something called
            an MBox.

            http://www.digidesign.com/products/mbox/

            It might be exactly what you are looking for.

            Be well,

            Wendy
          • dentonclayton
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 11, 2004
              I own an mbox and have used it to record my music. It's a USB
              interface that runs protools LE recording software. It has quarter-
              inch jack inputs for your microphones, instruments, etc., and feeds
              the audio into your pc/protools via usb. You can find them used on
              ebay for about $350. I just heard about podcasting and am going to
              see if I can use my mbox to create my 'cast. Fingers crossed, i'm
              not that savvy...yet!