Interview with Rick Ellis of NBC

  • David Janes - BlogMatrix
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      Yesterday, Rick Ellis of NBC in Alabama gave BlogMatrix a call an interviewed myself and David McCarthy, another one of my partners. If you're interested in what our long term plans our, it's pretty well all outlined in this episode. With permission, we taped the phone call and I have it up as a podcast here:

      http://blogmatrix.users.blogmatrix.com/podcasts/2005/04.01/0001/index.html

      Technically speaking, you may be interested in how we taped the phone call. I tried a little device from radio shack that intercepts the telephone's handset and plugs into a tape recorder; I plugged it into my computer's MIC -- this resulted in a scary 60hz hum and very poor sound quality. Ditching that, we tried some much more prosaic which worked out quite nicely: we put Rick on the speaker phone, placed a headset mic and 8 inches away, and taped. The result's not bad though I can see the need for some sort of noise filter.

      David
      http://www.blogmatrix.com