New DC Area Podcasters Meetup

  • mark kennedy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Hey all:

      I wanted to let anyone in the DC area know about a new Meetup group
      for DC area podcasters. Check the site on Meetup.com for more
      information. I hope to get a good turnout for the first meeting,
      tentatively scheduled for April 21st.

      http://podcasting.meetup.com/37/

      Mark Kennedy
    • Bill Kearney
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        Does anyone even go to meetups anymore? The ones in the DC area just never
        seem to have any activity.

        > I wanted to let anyone in the DC area know about a new Meetup group
        > for DC area podcasters. Check the site on Meetup.com for more
        > information. I hope to get a good turnout for the first meeting,
        > tentatively scheduled for April 21st.
      • Jeff Barr
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
          The blogging meetups here in Seattle attract 20 to 25 people. There's a
          certain critical mass
          factor at work. Until you get 5 or more people to show up, nothing seems
          to happen.

          Jeff;

          --
          * RSS Feeds: http://www.syndic8.com
          * Blog: http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/blog/
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
            I'm not the origanisor, but it looks like there is a MeetUp tomorrow in
            > Kansas City's Westport area.

            http://podcasting.meetup.com/15/
            Anybody?

            --
            Reed Porter
            http://www.kccoffeehouse.com/blog

          • Tee Morris
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
              On Apr 2, 2005, at 10:58 AM, mark kennedy wrote:

              > I wanted to let anyone in the DC area know about a new Meetup group
              > for DC area podcasters. Check the site on Meetup.com for more
              > information. I hope to get a good turnout for the first meeting,
              > tentatively scheduled for April 21st.
              >
              > http://podcasting.meetup.com/37/

              Good afternoon, Mark!

              I wanted to let you know I'm replying/signing up for this DC Podcasters
              meeting, but at the current time I will be unable to attend. (I'd just
              like to be on the list for notification of these events.) On the 21st,
              I've got a book signing in Richmond. But if the even should change, I
              would love to attend, meet a few other podcasters, hear about other DC
              area podcast shows, etc.

              Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to an event I can attend.

              Take care,

              Tee Morris
              http://www.teemorris.com

              -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

              BILLIBUB BADDINGS AND THE CASE OF THE SINGING SWORD
              ISBN 1-896944-18-3

              M O R E V I: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (with Lisa Lee)
              ISBN 1-896944-07-8

              LEGACY OF MOREVI: Book One of the Arathellean Wars
              ISBN 1-896944-2-99 (coming soon)

              The FANTASY WRITERS' Series
              ISBN 1-896944-15-9 (co-editor)
              ISBN 1-896944-09-4 (contributing author)