Re: Music Licensing For Podcast

  • Eric Rice
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2005
      As someone who is allowed to play music from a major label, AND as someone who plays
      (and loves) indie music, I figured I'd throw some change into the well here.

      Some of the indies I've worked with are quite thrilled about my project with Warner. And
      you're right, there is certainly no shortage of music from unknowns and unsigned artists.
      Yet I'm willing to bet our own personal playlists are filled with the familiar and the new,
      reflecting both our growing tastes and the old standbys we grew up with. Music is music,
      and the best music in the world is the music we like.

      Eric
      http://www.ericrice.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "C.C. Chapman" <cc@r...> wrote:
      > Would I be interested in playing major label music over on
      > http://www.accidenthash.com ? Sure I would love to once and a while.
      >
      > But, honestly my inbox and postal box has been full since starting the show
      > and I love the diversity of very talented independent artists and labels
      > that I'm getting exposure to. There is no shortage of quality music and by
      > playing it I know I'm helping out the artist to sell their music and raise
      > awareness. It helps them out and I get exposure to this great music. We all
      > win.
      >
      > Just my 2 cents on a Friday afternoon.
      >
      > -C.C.
      > www.accidenthash.com

    • C.C. Chapman
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2005
        "Music is music, and the best music in the world is the music we like."

        Perfectly said!

        C.C. Chapman
        Spinning the best in new independent music on the
        Accident Hash Podcast
        http://www.accidenthash.com <http://www.accidenthash.com/>

        _____

        As someone who is allowed to play music from a major label, AND as someone
        who plays
        (and loves) indie music, I figured I'd throw some change into the well here.

        Some of the indies I've worked with are quite thrilled about my project with
        Warner. And
        you're right, there is certainly no shortage of music from unknowns and
        unsigned artists.
        Yet I'm willing to bet our own personal playlists are filled with the
        familiar and the new,
        reflecting both our growing tastes and the old standbys we grew up with.
        Music is music,
        and the best music in the world is the music we like.

        Eric
        http://www.ericrice.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "C.C. Chapman" <cc@r...> wrote:
        > Would I be interested in playing major label music over on
        > http://www.accidenthash.com ? Sure I would love to once and a while.
        >
        > But, honestly my inbox and postal box has been full since starting the
        show
        > and I love the diversity of very talented independent artists and labels
        > that I'm getting exposure to. There is no shortage of quality music and by
        > playing it I know I'm helping out the artist to sell their music and raise
        > awareness. It helps them out and I get exposure to this great music. We
        all
        > win.
        >
        > Just my 2 cents on a Friday afternoon.
        >
        > -C.C.