Need Your Advice

  • Cm Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2014
      Hello,

      As a newcomer to podcasting, I am still struggling with technical problems.

      When I do interviews, my side sounds fine. The person on the other side of the phone call can barely be heard.

      What do I do to equalize the sound?

      Thank you,
      Christine
    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2014
        On 6/7/2014 3:18 PM, Cm Ross cmross98@... [podcasters] wrote:

        > As a newcomer to podcasting, I am still struggling with technical problems.
        >
        > When I do interviews, my side sounds fine. The person on the other side of the phone call can barely be heard.
        >
        > What do I do to equalize the sound?

        What are you using to record, and how is it set up?

        --
        Richard Amirault
        N1JDU
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2014
          Hi Richard,

          Rather than try to start from square one, it might be better if you tell us exactly how you are recording. The complete sound chain and all of the hardware/software. Only with this information can anyone suggest something that may help.
        • cmross98
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2014
            Hi,

            I've tried a number of methods of recording, using Skype, a tape recorder and then using Audio Recorder 2.0 audio conversion software from Honestech, and freeconferencecall.com.

            The sound equalization is a problem with all of these methods. My side sounds great; the other speaker sounds faint.

            In addition, I use MagicJack on my computer for a phone. There is no problem with hearing the other person in a regular phone call.

            Thanks,
            Christine