Re: Any podcasters using WordPress 3.6?

  • ShrinkRapRadio
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
      I have successfully imported all 371 of my podcast episodes from WordPress into PowerPress, without difficulty. Yayyy! Is PowerPress compatible with WordPress 3.6.1? Can I go ahead and safely update?

      Thanks
      David
      Shrink Rap Radio Psychology Podcast
    • angelomandato
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013

        When I meant edit, I meant the blog post media URL, not the file itself. Once you do the 2nd "B" option which imports that meta data, then you can edit those episodes' media URLs in PowerPress. Hope this makes sense.

        ---In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, <shrink@...> wrote:

        Angelo,

        Thanks so much for your help with this.  I look forward to trying it.  One question, however.  When you say I might have difficult editing with option A.  Editing what?  The text part of past blog post or the audio mp3 file?  Typically, if I did need to edit the mp3, I would go back into Garageband, make changes there, and then replace the original mp3 file and upload.  Are you saying I wouldn't be able to do that?

      • angelomandato

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
            I think I may have accidentally gone to step B.  At any rate, everything seems to be there.  Looks like I could put in a different mp3 file, if I needed to.  And I have successfully upgraded to WP 3.6.1.  So, I think I'm a happy camper!  I'll put up my first new post this Thursday morning! :-)

            Thanks!