Re: iPods Skipping After Intro Section of Podcast Episode?

  • Arthur
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
      There was an update to iTunes awhile back (from memory, it was maybe three updates ago) that affected interrupted downloads. If a person downloads a podcast to iTunes and it's interrupted for whatever reason, it didn't just carry on where it left off downloading, but restarted and added it to the same file. So, the podcast may start fine then suddenly restart. I've never heard of one jumping to an entirely different episode, but I suppose if a download was stalled and they don't refresh iTunes before you release a new episode, it could have added the new one to the incomplete download. That seems unlikely, however, since each episode is a unique file. Sounds like the episode restarting is the main problem, right?

      When this happened to me, the only solution was to delete the munted episode, go to iTunes store and manually download it again (iTunes will almost always ignore deleted episodes, even the current one, so you can't usually just refresh iTunes to get that episode).

      However, I haven't had this happen in quite awhile, and there have been a few iTunes updates since this problem started. So, maybe your listeners aren't running the current version of iTunes.

      Arthur