Re: [podcasters] Headphone Recommendations?

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2013
      Those look good. Thanks for the recommendation!

      On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...>wrote:

      > Doug, here are the ones I use:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ
      >
      > ---Dan
      >

      > On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...
      > >wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Headphone Recommendations?
      > >
      > > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
      > > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
      > > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

      > Best,
      >
      > ---Dan
      > http://danhughes.net
      > http://danhughesbooks.com
      > http://treasuremanual.com
      > http://slowpitchbook.com
      > http://danhughesautographs.com
      > http://thetreasurecorner.com
      > http://thesoftballcorner.com
      > http://radiofun.info

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2013
        On 5/11/2013 2:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
        > Headphone Recommendations?
        >
        > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
        > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
        > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

        The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO are an *excellent* choice. They have
        outstanding isolation .. that means you won't hear outside noises and it
        means that, if you run your headphones loud they won't bleed into your
        mic ... and they sound pretty good as well.

        --
        Richard Amirault
        N1JDU
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2013
          I'll second the recommendation for the Sennheiser HD 280s. These really are serious studio headphones, and you won't get a flatter response curve or more clarity for anything close to that price.

          Have Fun,
          Steve Eley