Re: [podcasters] Headphone Recommendations?

  • Jeri Unselt
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2013
      I use the skull candy brand from radio shack.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 11, 2013, at 12:13 PM, "Douglas E. Welch" <douglas@...> wrote:

      > Headphone Recommendations?
      >
      > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
      > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
      > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2013
        Doug, here are the ones I use:

        http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ

        ---Dan

        On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Headphone Recommendations?
        >
        > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
        > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
        > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

        Best,

        ---Dan
        http://danhughes.net
        http://danhughesbooks.com
        http://treasuremanual.com
        http://slowpitchbook.com
        http://danhughesautographs.com
        http://thetreasurecorner.com
        http://thesoftballcorner.com
        http://radiofun.info

      • Douglas E. Welch
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2013
          Those look good. Thanks for the recommendation!

          On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...>wrote:

          > Doug, here are the ones I use:
          >
          > http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ
          >
          > ---Dan
          >

          > On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...
          > >wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Headphone Recommendations?
          > >
          > > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
          > > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
          > > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

          > Best,
          >
          > ---Dan
          > http://danhughes.net
          > http://danhughesbooks.com
          > http://treasuremanual.com
          > http://slowpitchbook.com
          > http://danhughesautographs.com
          > http://thetreasurecorner.com
          > http://thesoftballcorner.com
          > http://radiofun.info

        • Richard Amirault
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2013
            On 5/11/2013 2:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
            > Headphone Recommendations?
            >
            > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
            > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
            > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

            The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO are an *excellent* choice. They have
            outstanding isolation .. that means you won't hear outside noises and it
            means that, if you run your headphones loud they won't bleed into your
            mic ... and they sound pretty good as well.

            --
            Richard Amirault
            N1JDU
            Message 5 of 6 , May 13, 2013
              I'll second the recommendation for the Sennheiser HD 280s. These really are serious studio headphones, and you won't get a flatter response curve or more clarity for anything close to that price.

              Have Fun,
              Steve Eley