Headphone Recommendations?

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2013
      Headphone Recommendations?

      My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
      both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
      but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

    • Jeri Unselt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2013
        I use the skull candy brand from radio shack.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 11, 2013, at 12:13 PM, "Douglas E. Welch" <douglas@...> wrote:

        > Headphone Recommendations?
        >
        > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
        > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
        > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

      • Dan Hughes
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2013
          Doug, here are the ones I use:

          http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ

          ---Dan

          On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Headphone Recommendations?
          >
          > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
          > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
          > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

          Best,

          ---Dan
          http://danhughes.net
          http://danhughesbooks.com
          http://treasuremanual.com
          http://slowpitchbook.com
          http://danhughesautographs.com
          http://thetreasurecorner.com
          http://thesoftballcorner.com
          http://radiofun.info

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2013
            Those look good. Thanks for the recommendation!

            On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...>wrote:

            > Doug, here are the ones I use:
            >
            > http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ
            >
            > ---Dan
            >

            > On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...
            > >wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Headphone Recommendations?
            > >
            > > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
            > > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
            > > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

            > Best,
            >
            > ---Dan
            > http://danhughes.net
            > http://danhughesbooks.com
            > http://treasuremanual.com
            > http://slowpitchbook.com
            > http://danhughesautographs.com
            > http://thetreasurecorner.com
            > http://thesoftballcorner.com
            > http://radiofun.info

          • Richard Amirault
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2013
              On 5/11/2013 2:13 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
              > Headphone Recommendations?
              >
              > My headphones are quickly dying and I find myself needing a new pair for
              > both podcast and video production. Any recommendations on something good
              > but reasonably priced...say <$100? Thanks for any help you can offer!

              The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO are an *excellent* choice. They have
              outstanding isolation .. that means you won't hear outside noises and it
              means that, if you run your headphones loud they won't bleed into your
              mic ... and they sound pretty good as well.

              --
              Richard Amirault
              N1JDU
              Message 6 of 6 , May 13, 2013
                I'll second the recommendation for the Sennheiser HD 280s. These really are serious studio headphones, and you won't get a flatter response curve or more clarity for anything close to that price.

                Have Fun,
                Steve Eley