Re: [podcasters] Wired, Stereo, Lav mic with pre-amp?

  • Richard Amirault
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
      On 4/28/2013 2:40 AM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
      > ** Wired, Stereo, Lav mic with pre-amp?
      >
      > I am looking for a recommendation for a wired, battery power pre-amp,
      > stereo lav mic. I went looking at Giant Squid Labs but their units are not
      > available. at this time.
      >
      > I just picked up a new HD camcorder and it needs a pre-amp to work with my
      > existing mics, so I thought I mic just upgrade with an matching mic and
      > preamp.

      I think we need more information.

      First, I'm not sure what you want. Do you want a seperate "batter power
      pre-amp" and a "stereo lav mic"? EDIT: just re-read your post and yes,
      that is what you want.

      Second, why do you want a stereo lav? At the distance a lav is from the
      subject you are not going to get any stereo effect. Mono mics are cheaper.

      Third, You say your new camcorder needs a pre-amp to work with your
      existing mics ... WHAT are those mics?
      --
      Richard Amirault
      N1JDU