Wired, Stereo, Lav mic with pre-amp?

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 11:40 PM
      ** Wired, Stereo, Lav mic with pre-amp?

      I am looking for a recommendation for a wired, battery power pre-amp,
      stereo lav mic. I went looking at Giant Squid Labs but their units are not
      available. at this time.

      I just picked up a new HD camcorder and it needs a pre-amp to work with my
      existing mics, so I thought I mic just upgrade with an matching mic and
      preamp.

      Thanks in advance!

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 6:32 AM
        On 4/28/2013 2:40 AM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
        > ** Wired, Stereo, Lav mic with pre-amp?
        >
        > I am looking for a recommendation for a wired, battery power pre-amp,
        > stereo lav mic. I went looking at Giant Squid Labs but their units are not
        > available. at this time.
        >
        > I just picked up a new HD camcorder and it needs a pre-amp to work with my
        > existing mics, so I thought I mic just upgrade with an matching mic and
        > preamp.

        I think we need more information.

        First, I'm not sure what you want. Do you want a seperate "batter power
        pre-amp" and a "stereo lav mic"? EDIT: just re-read your post and yes,
        that is what you want.

        Second, why do you want a stereo lav? At the distance a lav is from the
        subject you are not going to get any stereo effect. Mono mics are cheaper.

        Third, You say your new camcorder needs a pre-amp to work with your
        existing mics ... WHAT are those mics?
        --
        Richard Amirault
        N1JDU