Re: Two mics, one computer?

  • tapeleg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16 9:01 AM
      What great timing. I posted a tutorial on how to do this in Mac computers yesterday.

      http://www.podgeek.com/2013/03/tutorial-combining-audio-devices-in-macs/

      For PCs, I don't know how to do this, but on a Mac, it's pretty easy.

      Hope this helps.

      James
      Pod Geek

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to record with two USB mics on one computer? We just
      > picked up a couple of the fabulously cheap Yeti mics on Woot and I'd
      > like to know if there's an easy way to multi-track them on a computer,
      > or if I need to do one of the other hacks I have in mind.
      >
      > --
      > Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
      > the airlock.
      > http://www.nobiliserotica.com
      > ----------------------------------
    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17 12:44 AM
        More a software than a hardware issue, as I recall. Wasn't able to use
        two sound devices in Audacity, could do in Adobe Audition, probably can in
        the latest Adobe software the name of which escapes me. (I have the last
        version of Audition before the name change.)

        One work-around that may or may not help, is something called "Virtual
        Audio Cable." http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm I tinkered
        with it for a while, long ago, but had no practical use for it. But it
        should allow you to route things around inside the PC. Offered as an
        idea, not an endorsement.

        It was 15 Mar 2013, when Nobilis Reed commented:

        Grizzly's Growls Podcasts: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
        Blog: <http://blog.grizzlysgrowls.com>
        Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>