Two mics, one computer?

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013
      Is there a way to record with two USB mics on one computer? We just
      picked up a couple of the fabulously cheap Yeti mics on Woot and I'd
      like to know if there's an easy way to multi-track them on a computer,
      or if I need to do one of the other hacks I have in mind.

      --
      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
      the airlock.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013
        Yeah, as far as I know you can do this on a Mac, but not PC. Since I'm a PC guy I'll tell you what I can remember about this, but you'd be best to look it up yourself. Anyhow, I believe that you run the second USB mic as a midi.

        markkelleher@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
          What great timing. I posted a tutorial on how to do this in Mac computers yesterday.

          http://www.podgeek.com/2013/03/tutorial-combining-audio-devices-in-macs/

          For PCs, I don't know how to do this, but on a Mac, it's pretty easy.

          Hope this helps.

          James
          Pod Geek

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way to record with two USB mics on one computer? We just
          > picked up a couple of the fabulously cheap Yeti mics on Woot and I'd
          > like to know if there's an easy way to multi-track them on a computer,
          > or if I need to do one of the other hacks I have in mind.
          >
          > --
          > Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
          > the airlock.
          > http://www.nobiliserotica.com
          > ----------------------------------
        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17, 2013
            More a software than a hardware issue, as I recall. Wasn't able to use
            two sound devices in Audacity, could do in Adobe Audition, probably can in
            the latest Adobe software the name of which escapes me. (I have the last
            version of Audition before the name change.)

            One work-around that may or may not help, is something called "Virtual
            Audio Cable." http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm I tinkered
            with it for a while, long ago, but had no practical use for it. But it
            should allow you to route things around inside the PC. Offered as an
            idea, not an endorsement.

            It was 15 Mar 2013, when Nobilis Reed commented:

            Grizzly's Growls Podcasts: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
            Blog: <http://blog.grizzlysgrowls.com>
            Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>