Call for more New Media Gear!

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
      Call for more New Media Gear!

      I have been running a series on my blog, highlighting producers and their
      gear. I am looking for another round of sharing and recommendations of the
      various gear you folks use and/or recommend on a regular basis. I think it
      is important to have "real world" recommendations for those folks who might
      be new to podcasting or looking to upgrade.

      If you would like to be highlighted in this blog series, please post your
      name, your show, a link to you and/or your show, and a list of your
      equipment (being as specific as possible as to make/model/etc) Int this
      way, we can share that info here, as well as on my blog.

      Thanks!

      Douglas

    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
        Douglas, I've been podcasting for over four years. I do three shows:

        In the Treasure Corner - http://thetreasurecorner.com
        In the Softball Corner - http://thesoftballcorner.com
        In the Old-Time Radio Corner - http://radiofun.info

        My mic is absolutely fantastic: A Heil PR-40. I consider it the key to
        getting truly professional sound in a home studio.

        I also use a Mackie 402-VLZ3 audio mixer. More than adequate for me, since
        I use just one mic, no guests.

        I built a sound box for two bucks, which works great:

        http://danhughes.net/podcasting/micbox.htm

        Let me know if you use this!

        Thanks,

        Best,

        ---Dan
        http://danhughes.net
        http://danhughesbooks.com
        http://treasuremanual.com
        http://slowpitchbook.com
        http://danhughesautographs.com
        http://thetreasurecorner.com
        http://thesoftballcorner.com
        http://radiofun.info

        <http://radiofun.info>

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
          Thanks Dan! You are the first to reply, so I will probably use your info in
          next's week's post at http://welchwrite.com/newmedia.

          DW

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
            Dan,

            I posted your entry for the New Media Gear series on Careers in New Media
            today. Thanks for sharing your information!

            http://welchwrite.com/cip/2013/01/28/new-media-gear-009-dan-hughes-from-the-treasure-corner-and-others/

            Douglas

          • Dan Hughes
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013