Podcasting/New Media Advocacy Group - A Public-Facing Group Designed to Promote Podcasting and New Media Content to the Public

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      Podcasting/New Media Advocacy Group - A Public-Facing Group Designed to
      Promote Podcasting and New Media Content to the Public

      One of the things I have always found lacking in the Podcasting Community
      is a public advocacy group dedicated to promoting podcasting (and other
      forms of New Media such as YouTube Channels) to the general public.

      While this group, and others, do a good job of podcasters supporting each
      other, we all seem to be left on our own wen it comes to introducing our
      shows to the public, as well as the concept of New Media in general.

      With advances like the AppleTV, Roku, Boxee and smart TV's, it should be
      easier than ever for podcasters to get their shows before the non-technical
      public who are just interested in good content. I have often said that one
      item required for podcasting to grow into a more powerful medium is to "get
      on the TV!" By this I don't mean get purchased by a television network,
      etc, but rather "get on the box" that is in nearly everyone's home already.

      In that regard, I am proposing the creation of a New Media Advocacy group
      specifically to promote podcasting and New Media to the general public. If
      there are other interested people, we can set up some online structures to
      start this journey and begin got move forward as 2013 begins.

      I can offer some more thoughts on this topic if people are interested. It
      is something that has been on my mind since 2004.

      Interested? Let's start a conversation!