Newsletter

  • Joe Fusco
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
      I am looking at adding a newsletter feature to my podcast. At this point I
      want to use a free service. Does anyone have experience using Google
      Groups? Does anyone have any substantial arguments against Google Groups?

      Thanks,
      Joe

    • markk
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
        Joe,

        I think that you should look into Mail Chimp as a free newsletter. This is very powerful, easy to use and also free. I use a paid service called iContact, which I really like, but frankly, Mail Chimp would do the trick for me.
        I can't speak for the Google service you are asking about, but Mail Chimp is a mature, proven and free system.

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Joe Fusco <jfusco@...> wrote:

        > I am looking at adding a newsletter feature to my podcast. At this point I
        > want to use a free service. Does anyone have experience using Google
        > Groups? Does anyone have any substantial arguments against Google Groups?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Joe

      • Douglas E. Welch
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
          I used to use Google Groups for everything but switched over to the free
          service of MailChimp for all my announcement only mailing lists. I still
          use Google Groups for discussion oriented groups but not as a traditional
          email list.

          Douglas

          On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Joe Fusco <jfusco@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I am looking at adding a newsletter feature to my podcast. At this point I
          > want to use a free service. Does anyone have experience using Google
          > Groups? Does anyone have any substantial arguments against Google Groups?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Joe

        • Calvin Powers
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2012
            I use mailchimp also and am very happy with it. It's free up to 2000 emails
            per month, as I recall.
            Calvin