Re: [podcasters] Redirects and Pass-Thru Parameters

  • Ali Naderzad
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hello
      I'm new to the group, glad to be here.
      I've founded a movie blog called Screen Comment here (link
      here<http://screencomment.com>)
      in the US back in 2007.
      It started as a blogger site, and we moved to our current wordpress.org home
      I recently started producing the MOVIETRACKS podcast series, in which I
      program and comment film scores arranged around various themes.
      Here is the iTunes page.
      I would more than welcome any comments you may have concerning it.
      Usually no one ever comments about anything I do, so if no one's
      interested, that's OK, too!
      Have a great day.
      https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/screen-comment/id583330840

      On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Howdy,
      >
      > I am using the Redirect plugin on wordpress to create pretty URLs for my
      > podcast episodes. So for example /episode117 ->
      > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page
      >
      > But now I want to use google analytcs to track where my links are coming
      > from using the utm_* parameters on for example
      >
      > /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
      >
      > I can set up the Redirect tool to match the URL using the regular
      > expression feature of the plugin. So I can still redirect the above URL to
      > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page
      >
      > But what I can't do is have the redirect pass thru the parameters What I'd
      > like to do is this
      >
      > /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
      > ->
      >
      > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
      >
      > Does anyone know of a redirect plugin that can do this?
      >
      > Calvin

      Cordialement,

      Ali Naderzad
      07.86.94.96.61