Redirects and Pass-Thru Parameters

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
      Howdy,

      I am using the Redirect plugin on wordpress to create pretty URLs for my
      podcast episodes. So for example /episode117 ->
      /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page

      But now I want to use google analytcs to track where my links are coming
      from using the utm_* parameters on for example
      /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest

      I can set up the Redirect tool to match the URL using the regular
      expression feature of the plugin. So I can still redirect the above URL to
      /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page

      But what I can't do is have the redirect pass thru the parameters What I'd
      like to do is this
      /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
      ->
      /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest

      Does anyone know of a redirect plugin that can do this?

      Calvin

    • Ali Naderzad
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
        Hello
        I'm new to the group, glad to be here.
        I've founded a movie blog called Screen Comment here (link
        here<http://screencomment.com>)
        in the US back in 2007.
        It started as a blogger site, and we moved to our current wordpress.org home
        I recently started producing the MOVIETRACKS podcast series, in which I
        program and comment film scores arranged around various themes.
        Here is the iTunes page.
        I would more than welcome any comments you may have concerning it.
        Usually no one ever comments about anything I do, so if no one's
        interested, that's OK, too!
        Have a great day.
        https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/screen-comment/id583330840

        On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Howdy,
        >
        > I am using the Redirect plugin on wordpress to create pretty URLs for my
        > podcast episodes. So for example /episode117 ->
        > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page
        >
        > But now I want to use google analytcs to track where my links are coming
        > from using the utm_* parameters on for example
        >
        > /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
        >
        > I can set up the Redirect tool to match the URL using the regular
        > expression feature of the plugin. So I can still redirect the above URL to
        > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page
        >
        > But what I can't do is have the redirect pass thru the parameters What I'd
        > like to do is this
        >
        > /episode117?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
        > ->
        >
        > /really-long-url-for-show-notes-page?utm_source=csptestsource&utm_medium=csptestmedium&utm_campaign=csptest
        >
        > Does anyone know of a redirect plugin that can do this?
        >
        > Calvin

        Cordialement,

        Ali Naderzad
        07.86.94.96.61