Re: [podcasters] episode time missing from feed

  • Tom Beal of Darker Projects
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
      Yeah, I figure that's the trouble. I guess I'll build a separate WordPress/PodPress site just to handle the feed.

      Yours truly, -Tom

      On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:

      > My first suggestion would be not to use Tumblr.
      >
      > Sorry, dude.
      >

      > On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Tom Davis Beal <tom@...>wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> I'm using Tumblr and Feedburner to setup a feed for a client, but the
      >> episode length (<itunes:duration>) does not appear in the iTunes directory.
      >> Anyone have a fix for this since duration is not a field in Tumblr?
      >>
      >> (I'm using Tumblr since it seemed like an easy way to add a feed to a
      >> WiX.com site.)
      >>
      >> Yours truly,
      >> -Tom
      >

      > --
      > Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
      > airlock.
      > http://www.nobiliserotica.com
      > ----------------------------------
      > "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
      > skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a similarly
      > detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get letters from
      > people saying they’ll never read you again. What the hell? Penises entering
      > vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world than axes entering skulls.”
      > --Author George R. R. Martin

    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
        Never use Smartcast your only asking for agony.

        http://www.podcastfaq.com/syndicating-your-podcast/feedburner-for-podcasting/

        Todd.

        On 11/5/2012 4:53 PM, Shawn Thorpe wrote:
        > Have you set up SmartCast thru Feedburner? That might fix the problem.
        >
        > -Shawn
        > http://nomarket.org/
        >
        > On Nov 5, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Tom Davis Beal wrote:
        >
        >> I'm using Tumblr and Feedburner to setup a feed for a client, but the episode length (<itunes:duration>) does not appear in the iTunes directory. Anyone have a fix for this since duration is not a field in Tumblr?
        >>
        >> (I'm using Tumblr since it seemed like an easy way to add a feed to a WiX.com site.)
        >>
        >> Yours truly,
        >> -Tom

        Todd Cochrane
        Executive Producer
        Geek News Central
        @geeknews
        808-741-4923
        We're Live Streaming CES 2013. Ask me how you can get your name in front of 30 million consumers!