Re: [podcasters] episode time missing from feed

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
      Have you set up SmartCast thru Feedburner? That might fix the problem.

      -Shawn
      http://nomarket.org/

      On Nov 5, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Tom Davis Beal wrote:

      > I'm using Tumblr and Feedburner to setup a feed for a client, but the episode length (<itunes:duration>) does not appear in the iTunes directory. Anyone have a fix for this since duration is not a field in Tumblr?
      >
      > (I'm using Tumblr since it seemed like an easy way to add a feed to a WiX.com site.)
      >
      > Yours truly,
      > -Tom

    • Tom Beal of Darker Projects
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
        Yeah, I figure that's the trouble. I guess I'll build a separate WordPress/PodPress site just to handle the feed.

        Yours truly, -Tom

        On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:

        > My first suggestion would be not to use Tumblr.
        >
        > Sorry, dude.
        >

        > On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Tom Davis Beal <tom@...>wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> I'm using Tumblr and Feedburner to setup a feed for a client, but the
        >> episode length (<itunes:duration>) does not appear in the iTunes directory.
        >> Anyone have a fix for this since duration is not a field in Tumblr?
        >>
        >> (I'm using Tumblr since it seemed like an easy way to add a feed to a
        >> WiX.com site.)
        >>
        >> Yours truly,
        >> -Tom
        >

        > --
        > Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
        > airlock.
        > http://www.nobiliserotica.com
        > ----------------------------------
        > "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
        > skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a similarly
        > detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get letters from
        > people saying they’ll never read you again. What the hell? Penises entering
        > vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world than axes entering skulls.”
        > --Author George R. R. Martin

      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
          Never use Smartcast your only asking for agony.

          http://www.podcastfaq.com/syndicating-your-podcast/feedburner-for-podcasting/

          Todd.

          On 11/5/2012 4:53 PM, Shawn Thorpe wrote:
          > Have you set up SmartCast thru Feedburner? That might fix the problem.
          >
          > -Shawn
          > http://nomarket.org/
          >
          > On Nov 5, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Tom Davis Beal wrote:
          >
          >> I'm using Tumblr and Feedburner to setup a feed for a client, but the episode length (<itunes:duration>) does not appear in the iTunes directory. Anyone have a fix for this since duration is not a field in Tumblr?
          >>
          >> (I'm using Tumblr since it seemed like an easy way to add a feed to a WiX.com site.)
          >>
          >> Yours truly,
          >> -Tom

          Todd Cochrane
          Executive Producer
          Geek News Central
          @geeknews
          808-741-4923
          We're Live Streaming CES 2013. Ask me how you can get your name in front of 30 million consumers!