Self-promotion

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi all - long time lurker, first-time poster.

      After submitting myself to the directories in the Directory of
      Directories (which is sorely needed and welcome, in my opinion - but
      we need some standard on categories!), thought I'd do the inevitable
      podcast plug.

      So here it is, the Posithink Podcast (est. Jan, 2005) available at

      RSS: http://posithink.net/index.xml

      Self-directed psychotherapy with focuses on depression and anxiety.
      Not everyone's cup of tea, but I guess it fills that niche? Audio
      feedback welcome: posithink@...

      Thanks all

      Jim
      -----------------------
      http://jimchristian.net
    • Zaldor
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Well since we're doing a little lurking self promotion - I'll promote
        my podcast, now in it's 8th episode - Zaldor's World. I did my April
        Fool's day episode, chock full of good and bad Karaoke renditions from
        a bar that I frequent - and even one that I did too! You can judge
        for yourself if it falls into the bad or good category ;)

        So check out my April Fool's Karaoke episode, and the other 7 episodes
        too - give me some feedback too :)

        Thanks!

        -Les Zaldor
        http://www.zaldor.com
        RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ZaldorsWorld
      • Patrick Cook
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
          Hi everyone:

          At 09:25 AM 4/1/2005, you wrote:
          >Well since we're doing a little lurking self promotion - I'll promote
          >my podcast, now in it's 8th episode - Zaldor's World. I did my April
          >Fool's day episode, chock full of good and bad Karaoke renditions from
          >a bar that I frequent - and even one that I did too! You can judge
          >for yourself if it falls into the bad or good category ;)
          >
          >So check out my April Fool's Karaoke episode, and the other 7 episodes
          >too - give me some feedback too :)

          Well.....Since we're in the plugging mode, Pat's Podcast (my most active
          and current podcast) is now in its "Lucky Number 7" episode. Just recorded
          it while I was out and about today. Currently putting all the parts
          together and adding "pod-safe" music in between breaks and such right
          now. It should be available for download by this time tomorrow night
          (allowing for the time for The Archive to approve the recording and
          all). But the other 6 are available for download though (Episodes 4 and 6
          are the ones where I'm "Porta-Podcasting" :) ).

          Would LOVE to get a gmail account, but haven't yet figured out where I go
          to sign up. I know that Yahoo! Mail is a close 2nd in the disk space
          department so if need be, I'll settle for a Yahoo! Mail account in the
          meantime so people can send feedback (and an audio sweeper or two? :) ).

          Before people start sending me mail, let me just start right out by saying
          that YES - I already know about the mic swinging feedback issue. Hopefully
          I'll get a clip on hands free mic before too long so people won't have to
          listen to those extraneous noises as I walk around and such (it's mostly
          caused by my holding the mic and moving it around).

          But do feel free to check out my podcast anyway. Still have yet to build a
          web page for it yet (I know....I know....I'm such a procrastinator aren't
          I? :) *LOL!* ), but the feed URL is in my sig below. :)

          Cheers for now :)

          Patrick Cook
          pchamster@...
          Denver, Colorado
          http://jeeperone.tripod.com/
          PAT'S PODCAST RSS FEED -
          http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patspodcast/rss.xml
          THE PAT COOK SHOW RSS FEED -
          http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patcookshow/rss.xml
          PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEO BLOG MESSAGE BOARD - http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
          SKYPE ME @ patspodcast

        • Reed Porter
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
            Invite on the way, Patrick

            On Apr 4, 2005 9:51 PM, Patrick Cook <pchamster@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone:
            >
            > At 09:25 AM 4/1/2005, you wrote:
            > >Well since we're doing a little lurking self promotion - I'll promote
            > >my podcast, now in it's 8th episode - Zaldor's World. I did my April
            > >Fool's day episode, chock full of good and bad Karaoke renditions from
            > >a bar that I frequent - and even one that I did too! You can judge
            > >for yourself if it falls into the bad or good category ;)
            > >
            > >So check out my April Fool's Karaoke episode, and the other 7 episodes
            > >too - give me some feedback too :)
            >
            > Well.....Since we're in the plugging mode, Pat's Podcast (my most active
            > and current podcast) is now in its "Lucky Number 7" episode. Just recorded
            > it while I was out and about today. Currently putting all the parts
            > together and adding "pod-safe" music in between breaks and such right
            > now. It should be available for download by this time tomorrow night
            > (allowing for the time for The Archive to approve the recording and
            > all). But the other 6 are available for download though (Episodes 4 and 6
            > are the ones where I'm "Porta-Podcasting" :) ).
            >
            > Would LOVE to get a gmail account, but haven't yet figured out where I go
            > to sign up. I know that Yahoo! Mail is a close 2nd in the disk space
            > department so if need be, I'll settle for a Yahoo! Mail account in the
            > meantime so people can send feedback (and an audio sweeper or two? :) ).
            >
            > Before people start sending me mail, let me just start right out by saying
            > that YES - I already know about the mic swinging feedback issue. Hopefully
            > I'll get a clip on hands free mic before too long so people won't have to
            > listen to those extraneous noises as I walk around and such (it's mostly
            > caused by my holding the mic and moving it around).
            >
            > But do feel free to check out my podcast anyway. Still have yet to build a
            > web page for it yet (I know....I know....I'm such a procrastinator aren't
            > I? :) *LOL!* ), but the feed URL is in my sig below. :)
            >
            > Cheers for now :)
            >
            > Patrick Cook
            > pchamster@...
            > Denver, Colorado
            > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/
            > PAT'S PODCAST RSS FEED -
            > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patspodcast/rss.xml
            > THE PAT COOK SHOW RSS FEED -
            > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patcookshow/rss.xml
            > PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEO BLOG MESSAGE BOARD -
            > http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
            > SKYPE ME @ patspodcast

            Reed Porter
            http://www.kccoffeehouse.com/blog

          • Dan Tripp
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
              Patrick, I just sent you a GMail invite.

              - Dan

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Peter Ker
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
                Kwe Hello Patrick, Hotmail gives 250 megs of Free
                space, Yahoo is SOON to have 1 gig ala Gmail.

                Skennen Peace.

                http://www.geocities.com/bearclanmohawk
                http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari

                http://personals.yahoo.com
              • Peter Ker
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
                  Dunno how flooded with Gmail invites you are but I
                  just sent you one ;-)