Hello!

  • Dylan Piper
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 19, 2012
      Hey there. I just ran across this group while trying to find ways to find a broader audience for a podcast I have recently created, and was wondering how you guys do things. Like, would I be able to show you my podcast page and it would be sent out to the people subscribed to your list?
      Anyways, the podcast is located at arknark.podbean.com. Let me know whatsup!

    • markk
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 19, 2012
        Hi Dylan & Mike, welcome to the group. You know, I've never heard of anyone actually just sending out another podcast page to all of the people on their list, so you need to try some different things. Understand first, that this site and others like it are a good source of information, but you won't really find any new listeners here. Most of us are already full of podcasts that we listen to, so it's kind of like preaching to the choir. Get your podcast listed on iTunes, Miro, Zune, Blackberry, Stitcher (internet radio) and other podcatchers for starters.
        If you are talking about news in your area, or other things of interest in your area, find some way of advertising locally. Check out some local forums for your area. Guys, I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism, but if you don't do something about your sound, you'll have a hard time finding listeners. Good quality mics can wait if necessary, but your sound now has background music turned up too loud, coming through one channel, with all of your conversation coming in through the other channel. I mean, do things however you want, but if you had your MP3 as a mono file, with less volume on the background music, it'll be easier to listen to. At first, content may be important (actually, content is always important), but the content would have to extraordinary for someone to listen to regularly if the sound is not good. You can get a great sounding microphone for less than $50, which can plug directly into your USB. If you are interested, let me know. And no, I'm not speaking about the Blue Snowball, but one which sounds much better.

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Piper <dylitol@...> wrote:

        > Hey there. I just ran across this group while trying to find ways to find a broader audience for a podcast I have recently created, and was wondering how you guys do things. Like, would I be able to show you my podcast page and it would be sent out to the people subscribed to your list?
        > Anyways, the podcast is located at arknark.podbean.com. Let me know whatsup!

      • C. Hatton Humphrey
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 20, 2012
          One big thing you need is a real website. Domains are relatively cheap -
          $10-15 per year and you can find free or cheap ($99/yr or less) web hosting.

          Content is still king. When I went to your site I did not see episode
          descriptions, tags, keywords, etc... If you are counting on people
          finding you show via search engines you will need to use these.

          Driving visitors to your site and convincing them to your show takes work.

          Oh, and welcome to the group!

          Until Later!
          C. Hatton Humphrey
          http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

        • C. Hatton Humphrey
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 20, 2012
            > Driving visitors to your site and convincing them to your show takes work.

            Wow, too early... meant to say "convincing them to listen to your show"

            Need coffee...