Help, WireTap Studio no longer works

  • gwenorel@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2012
      WireTap Studio no longer captures Mac audio in Mountain Lion-- I was using it for all of my interviedws, a Yeti microphone and Skype.

      Now I can use the Yeti but not Skype.

      I've downloaded Audio Hijack Pro, which can capture skype, but it doesn't seem to be able to do two sources, like skype AND Yeti.

      Help!!!

    • Nobilis Reed
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2012
        I've used various Skype plugins to capture the whole conversation.

        On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM, <gwenorel@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > WireTap Studio no longer captures Mac audio in Mountain Lion-- I was using
        > it for all of my interviedws, a Yeti microphone and Skype.
        >
        > Now I can use the Yeti but not Skype.
        >
        > I've downloaded Audio Hijack Pro, which can capture skype, but it doesn't
        > seem to be able to do two sources, like skype AND Yeti.
        >
        > Help!!!

        Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
        airlock.
        http://www.nobiliserotica.com
        ----------------------------------
        "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
        skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a similarly
        detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get letters from
        people saying they�ll never read you again. What the hell? Penises entering
        vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world than axes entering skulls.�
        --Author George R. R. Martin

      • gwenorel@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2012
          Are you using an external microphone too? And which?

          I've used various Skype plugins to capture the whole conversation.

          On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM, <gwenorel@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > WireTap Studio no longer captures Mac audio in Mountain Lion-- I was using
          > it for all of my interviedws, a Yeti microphone and Skype.
          >
          > Now I can use the Yeti but not Skype.
          >
          > I've downloaded Audio Hijack Pro, which can capture skype, but it doesn't
          > seem to be able to do two sources, like skype AND Yeti.
          >
          > Help!!!

          Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
          airlock.
          http://www.nobiliserotica.com
          ----------------------------------
          "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
          skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a similarly
          detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get letters from
          people saying they�ll never read you again. What the hell? Penises entering
          vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world than axes entering skulls.�
          --Author George R. R. Martin

        • tapeleg
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
            You can record more than one thing with AHP at the same time. Just hijack and record another source, then combine them in your favorite audio editor.

            And you know how to split audio (yours and the callers) in AHP, right? If not, here's a tutorial:

            http://www.podgeek.com/2011/03/recording-skype-with-audio-hijack-pro/

            Good luck

          • chrismottes@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20, 2012
              hi there,

              have you looked at Hindenburg Journalist PRO (hindenburgsystems.com)? it allows you to record from Skype on two separate tracks directly from within the DAW and you can choose your preferred input. You can even play back audio clips to your interviewee while recording without disturbing the recording.

              good luck
              Chris