BlogMatrix, Inc. acquires Adam Curry, Eric Rice

  • David Janes - BlogMatrix
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      For Immediate Release

      Toronto, April 1, 2005 // - BlogMatrix is pleased to announce that it has acquired Eric Rice and Adam Curry
      and to add to its growing product lineup. "With Rice and Curry!, not only have we created a tasty pub treat, we're also completing the loop", says BlogMatrix founder David Janes. "Before we only had tools for recording, storing and downloading podcasts. Now, we can create the podcasts for you and record them in great 'VJ-authentic' voices".
      With our Rice and Curry! package, new podcasters will be able to:

      a.. sit back and relax while world-class podcasts are created for you
      b.. bask in the envy of their friends as their podcasts grab world-wide attention
      c.. order optional pints, half-pints and poppadoms (at an additional charge)
      "Traditionally, potential podcasters have faced a couple of big challenges", declares Janes, "like coming up with something to say and then, you know, saying it. With Rice and Curry! you can just yell a request from the back of the pub. It's so easy and interesting...I mean who would have thought that so many people wanted podcasts about American pie"?

      http://blogmatrix.users.blogmatrix.com/podcasts/2005/04.01/0000/index.html

    • C.C. Chapman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
        I wondered how many messages like this we'd see today.

        Fun way to start the morning.

        C.C. Chapman
        Music Podcasting @ http://www.accidenthash.com

        _____

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Matt May
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
          For Immediate Release

          Seattle, April 1, 2005 // - In a stunning move that left podcasting
          industry experts in awe, Bestkungfu Media Cabal Chief Troublestarter
          Matt May announced that he has consumed two of the most popular
          podcasters in the world.

          "I ate Curry and Rice last night. They were better than I expected,
          since they were prepared with tomatoes and capers."

          This news comes on the heels of BlogMatrix's announcement that they
          have acquired the artists and were offering them to a hungry public.

          May believes eating the DJs will give him the fuel necessary to take
          his place in the upper echelons of podcasting. "Rice and Curry always
          give me gas," he said. When asked whether there was enough of the
          podcasting stars left to go around, May replied, "Well, you can always
          find Rice no matter where you are, but to get a good Curry you have to
          go overseas. But if you want some of my leftovers, I'm all about
          sharing."

          Bestkungfu Media Cabal is a global media conglomerate run by a guy who
          has a Digable Planets album and an Enron mug on his desk. Its flagship
          products are Staccato, a Creative Commons music show; and Bestkungfu
          Weblog, which features knee-jerk invective and pictures of cats.

          Contact:
          Matt May, mattmay@...
          http://staccatomusic.org