Re: [podcasters] "Correcting" An Itunes Submission That They Haven't Accepted?

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
      On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM, docholliday2006
      <DocHolliday2006@...> wrote:

      > How long will I have to wait till they reject/accept?

      Anywhere from days to weeks.

      > Anyway I can contact at apple?

      In my experience, no.

      --
      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
      the airlock.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
        It can take anywhere from 24 hours to two weeks to have a feed show up in
        iTunes. There is no public contact information for podcast support at Apple
        (that I know of ).

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        DocHolliday2006@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thanks for the help you guys have been giving me.
        >
        > So I figured out that the problem with my podcast feed was that it was set
        > to ATOM instead of RSS.
        >
        > Unfortunately, I submitted my podcast to Itunes when it was still in ATOM
        > format.
        >
        > Four days have passed and they haven't accepted it.
        >
        > When I tried to submit it again, it tells me that I already submitted.
        >
        > How long will I have to wait till they reject/accept?
        >
        > Anyway I can contact at apple?

        --
        Dave Jackson
        www.davidjackson.org

      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
          Where did you set your feed to Atom did not even know that was a
          possible selection?

          Todd..

          On 8/10/2012 5:24 AM, David Jackson wrote:
          > It can take anywhere from 24 hours to two weeks to have a feed show up in
          > iTunes. There is no public contact information for podcast support at Apple
          > (that I know of ).
          >
          > Dave Jackson
          > www.schoolofpodcasting.com
          >

          > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM, docholliday2006 <
          > DocHolliday2006@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Thanks for the help you guys have been giving me.
          >>
          >> So I figured out that the problem with my podcast feed was that it was set
          >> to ATOM instead of RSS.
          >>
          >> Unfortunately, I submitted my podcast to Itunes when it was still in ATOM
          >> format.
          >>
          >> Four days have passed and they haven't accepted it.
          >>
          >> When I tried to submit it again, it tells me that I already submitted.
          >>
          >> How long will I have to wait till they reject/accept?
          >>
          >> Anyway I can contact at apple?

        • docholliday2006
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
            The setting was in podpress, which makes my feed.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
              I encourage you to make the switch to Powerpress we support all of the
              new/current iTunes specs, and have contact with Apple on a regular basis
              in regards to their podcasting initiatives. We have made it real easy
              for people to convert from podpress to powerpress.

              On 8/11/2012 12:02 PM, docholliday2006 wrote:

              > The setting was in podpress, which makes my feed.
              >
              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Where did you set your feed to Atom did not even know that was a
              > > possible selection?
              > >
              > > Todd..
              > >

              > > On 8/10/2012 5:24 AM, David Jackson wrote:
              > > > It can take anywhere from 24 hours to two weeks to have a feed
              > show up in
              > > > iTunes. There is no public contact information for podcast support
              > at Apple
              > > > (that I know of ).
              > > >
              > > > Dave Jackson
              > > > www.schoolofpodcasting.com

              > it was set

              > in ATOM

              > submitted.

              --
              Todd Cochrane
              Host Geek News Central
              @geeknews
              808-741-4923
              We're Live Streaming CES 2013. Ask me how you can get your name in front of 30 million consumers!