Anyone Know How To Fix Up A Podpress Feed?

  • docholliday2006
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2012
      I've used podpress (for wordpress) to create a feed for my podcast.

      When I add my podcast feed to Itunes manually, it picks up author name, description, short description, subtitle, the podcast art, and other elements.

      But when I submitted it for approval through Itunes, it only picked up the title and main description, but not name, subtitle, short description, or art.

      Anyone know what I can do to fix it?

      This is my podcast feed: http://blog.raw-food-health.net/feed/therawfoodhealthpodcast/

      Thanks.
    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2012
        Doc,
        Dump it and switch to PowerPress. Contact me off list, and we can fix
        this. See
        http://schoolofpodcasting.com/pepsi-money-comes-to-podcasting-podpress-is-still-a-bad-choice/

        --
        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2012
          I second David's recommendation of PowerPress. It's the best podcasting plugin I've used for WordPress and it's continuously being updated/improved by its developer.

          Does anyone know, just for my own curiosity, what the current state is of podPress? I know the original developer let it go a few years back. Not sure if anyone took it up after that or not.

          -Shawn Thorpe
          http://shawn.mx/
          http://geminidragon.tv/

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2012
            When I did some research for my blog post, I saw where one developer had
            logged in and said "I'm back!" and it was over 300 days old. I'm assuming
            the people who "maintain" (used VERY loosely) the plugin are there to do
            emergency work if it breaks with a Wordpress upgrade. They have a portion
            of the plugin that refers to Podango which went of business in 2008/2009.

            On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Shawn Thorpe <shawn@...> wrote:

            > I second David's recommendation of PowerPress. It's the best podcasting
            > plugin I've used for WordPress and it's continuously being updated/improved
            > by its developer.
            >
            > Does anyone know, just for my own curiosity, what the current state is of
            > podPress? I know the original developer let it go a few years back. Not
            > sure if anyone took it up after that or not.
            >
            > -Shawn Thorpe
            > http://shawn.mx/
            > http://geminidragon.tv/
            >
            > On Aug 9, 2012, at 9:41 AM, David Jackson wrote:
            >
            > > Doc,
            > > Dump it and switch to PowerPress. Contact me off list, and we can fix
            > > this. See
            > >
            > http://schoolofpodcasting.com/pepsi-money-comes-to-podcasting-podpress-is-still-a-bad-choice/
            > >
            > > --
            > > Dave Jackson
            > > www.schoolofpodcasting.com

            Dave Jackson
            www.davidjackson.org

          • Todd Cochrane
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2012
              All

              We appreciate everyone's vote of confidence. I know we are always
              looking for more ideas on what to implement in future versions, so if
              you have a feature idea make sure you drop Angelo a line and let him
              know what your idea is. He may not always respond to your emails but
              they do go into a stack and we rack and stack ideas on a regular basis..

              We hope folks will start experimenting with the meta marks feature.
              While we have not introduced a player to support meta marks, we do have
              a much bigger vision for Meta Marks. We really need to know from the
              community if it is worth our time to move forward in taking the
              integration to the next level...

              Otherwise thanks for being a supporter of the plugin, and I hope that
              those of you that use the plugin will consider supporting as your
              hosting or premium stats provider, aka investing in the company that is
              investing in you..

              Todd..