Re: [podcasters] New podcast - 20Hertz podcast hosted on mixcloud

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
      On 7/27/2012 12:42 PM, Sammi St.John-Martinez wrote:

      > Todd,
      >
      > If you were to do your research you would see that fbrn.us does more
      > than stream your podcast.

      From the look of your website you look like a standard internet
      streaming station, and seeing you are using centovacast that confirms it.

      > 1. Our current site gets an average of 40,000 hits a day and growing.

      Why would I want to be 1 of 100 shows on a pay for play internet
      streaming network where my show is heard maybe once or twice a week,
      which would cause that $15.00 an hour charge to add up .

      40,000 hits a day divided by 24hours = 1666 hits an hour and how many of
      them actually click 1 of your 5 channels does not seem like great odds
      considering the bounce rate of most websites...

      2. Our statistics are certified by google analytics, as well as centovacast

      Google Analytics is for web hits, centovacast is a standard web
      streaming management application. That is in no way a certified media
      analytics system.

      > 3. My qualifications are listed on our website, check them out. Whats
      > your background?

      If you have to ask that question then you really don't have a clue about
      the podcasting space or the people in it.

      > 4. We qualify our talent in the same why that I have for over 25 years
      > while working in a major market as a program director, by listening to
      > air-checks and also recruiting top talent from around the country. A
      > credit card is not all that is needed as you first have to be accepted
      > to be one of only 100 shows on the network, which by the way is only
      > at this time looking for 6 more slots to fill. It is exclusive by
      > nature in this sense, since there are only 100 shows ever at any given
      > time on the network.

      So you are a internet streaming station with 100 slots that you charge
      $15.00 an hour to live stream. Pretty good business model 5 channels, at
      $15.00 an hour, x24 hrs, x30 days = $54,000 a month. Looks to me like
      you have your business model figured out. So if I was to have my show
      on your site it looks like my monthly bill we would be about $500 a month!

      5. You mention that shoutcast stream server is only 20.00 - how many
      concurrent listeners is that? Ours in unlimited as we are not a
      streaming service we are a radio station. Also, do you have an on site
      24 hour engineer in case you are not tech savey with shoutcast?

      Your a radio station? What are the call sign and how many stations are
      you on.. If you are actually a Internet Radio station which is a Live
      Streaming Internet site No system is unlimited it is all dependent on
      how many servers you can throw at it.

      Looking at the IP data all of your streams are coming from a single
      server that is being hosted by a third party called www.shoutcheap.com
      looking at their hosting plans it looks like you found yourself a cheap
      place to host your internet streams.

      > Are you set up to do live broadcasts?

      Yes I do live Audio and Video, I stream Video on three different sites
      simultaneously using Wowza and Amazon AWS Flash media Service, I have a
      Broadcast Account on Livestream and backup Live video site on Ustream. I
      run a shoutcast server 24/7 as well

      > We are. Can you broadcast from beautiful studios if you live in the
      > DFW area if you use shoutcast? NO. Go onto Shoutcast you are one of
      > hundreds of shows that gets lost in the mix..we are exclusive.

      I have a beautiful studio in Hawaii and most of the people in this
      mailing list have their own beautiful studios. You have no clue about
      this space.

      Todd..

      > ________________________________

    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
        Jeez, Cochrane, you talk like you've written a BOOK or something!

        ---Dan

        Best,

        ---Dan
        http://danhughes.net
        http://danhughesbooks.com
        http://treasuremanual.com
        http://slowpitchbook.com
        http://danhughesautographs.com
        http://thetreasurecorner.com
        http://thesoftballcorner.com
        http://radiofun.info

      • C. Hatton Humphrey
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
          Or hosted awards or something ;-)

          On Jul 27, 2012 8:32 PM, "Dan Hughes" <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

          > Jeez, Cochrane, you talk like you've written a BOOK or something!
          >
          > ---Dan

        • Sammi St.John-Martinez
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
            Todd,

            Just one ? what stations have you worked on or programmed? What size market? Call letters? Just wondering.

            Fishbowl Radio Network L.L.C. - "Jump In!"
            Sylvia "Sammi" St.John-Martinez - Founder/Owner
            2225 E. Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 427
            Arlington, Texas 76011
            www.fishbowlradionetwork.com
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/FishBowl-Radio-Network/153231260825%c2%a0

            sammi@...
            817-633-4880

            ________________________________
            On 7/27/2012 12:42 PM, Sammi St.John-Martinez wrote:

            > Todd,
            >
            > If you were to do your research you would see that fbrn.us does more
            > than stream your podcast.

            From the look of your website you look like a standard internet
> [...]

            Looking at the IP data all of your streams are coming from a single
            server that is being hosted by a third party called www.shoutcheap.com
            looking at their hosting plans it looks like you found yourself a cheap
            place to host your internet streams.

            > Are you set up to do live broadcasts?

            Yes I do live Audio and Video, I stream Video on three different sites
            simultaneously using Wowza and Amazon AWS Flash media Service, I have a
            Broadcast Account on Livestream and backup Live video site on Ustream. I
            run a shoutcast server 24/7 as well

            > We are. Can you broadcast from beautiful studios if you live in the
            > DFW area if you use shoutcast? NO. Go onto Shoutcast you are one of
            > hundreds of shows that gets lost in the mix..we are exclusive.

            I have a beautiful studio in Hawaii and most of the people in this
            mailing list have their own beautiful studios. You have no clue about

          • Salmiaki
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 9, 2012
              Hi,

              A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :

              http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/

              Happy listening to all !

              Salmiaki

              Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
              > podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
              >
              > A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
              > 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
              > two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
              > are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
              >
              > It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
              > podcast.
              >
              > Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
              > <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
              >
              > Thanks for any support or feedback.
              >
              > Salmiaki

            • Todd Cochrane
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 9, 2012
                Could not find a RSS feed or iTunes or Zune Marketplace link to
                subscribe to your show so its "not" technically a podcast.

                Todd

                On 8/9/2012 8:24 AM, Salmiaki wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                >
                > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                >
                > Happy listening to all !
                >
                > Salmiaki
                >
                > Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                > > Hi everyone,
                > >
                > > I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                > > podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                > >
                > > A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                > > 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                > > two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                > > are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                > >
                > > It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                > > podcast.
                > >
                > > Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                > > <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                > >
                > > Thanks for any support or feedback.
                > >
                > > Salmiaki

              • Salmiaki
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 24, 2012
                  HI,

                  A new episode is available here :

                  http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-021-scorching-heat/

                  A rss feed should be set soon I promise ;)

                  Happy listening !

                  Salmiaki

                  Le 09/08/2012 20:24, Salmiaki a écrit :
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                  >
                  > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                  >
                  > Happy listening to all !
                  >
                  > Salmiaki
                  >
                  > Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                  >> Hi everyone,
                  >>
                  >> I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                  >> podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                  >>
                  >> A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                  >> 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                  >> two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                  >> are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                  >>
                  >> It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                  >> podcast.
                  >>
                  >> Let me share the adress with you :http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                  >> <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                  >>
                  >> Thanks for any support or feedback.
                  >>
                  >> Salmiaki

                • Salmiaki
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 4, 2012
                    Hi,

                    A new episode is available here :

                    http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-cloudcast-023-nishi-kasai-station/

                    Happy listening !

                    Salmiaki

                    Le 25/08/2012 01:11, Salmiaki a écrit :
                    > HI,
                    >
                    > A new episode is available here :
                    >
                    > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-021-scorching-heat/
                    >
                    > A rss feed should be set soon I promise ;)
                    >
                    > Happy listening !
                    >
                    > Salmiaki
                    >
                    > Le 09/08/2012 20:24, Salmiaki a écrit :
                    >> Hi,
                    >>
                    >> A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                    >>
                    >> http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                    >>
                    >> Happy listening to all !
                    >>
                    >> Salmiaki
                    >>
                    >> Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                    >>> Hi everyone,
                    >>>
                    >>> I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                    >>> podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                    >>>
                    >>> A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                    >>> 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                    >>> two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                    >>> are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                    >>>
                    >>> It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                    >>> podcast.
                    >>>
                    >>> Let me share the adress with you :http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                    >>> <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                    >>>
                    >>> Thanks for any support or feedback.
                    >>>
                    >>> Salmiaki

                    * Unknown - détecté
                    * Français
                    * Anglais

                    * Français
                    * Anglais

                    <javascript:void(0);>

                  • andrew clarke
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 4, 2012
                      On Thu 2012-10-04 18:58:31 UTC+0200, Salmiaki (salmiaki@...) wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > A new episode is available here :

                      Are you going to announce every new podcast? Please, don't do that.

                      Regards
                      Andrew

                      (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)
                    • Ken Kennedy Lloyd