New podcast - 20Hertz podcast hosted on mixcloud

  • salmiaki_20hertz
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 26, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
      podcasters here on this yahoo groups.

      A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
      20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
      two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
      are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...

      It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
      podcast.

      Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
      <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>

      Thanks for any support or feedback.

      Salmiaki

    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 26, 2012
        Salmiaki,
        I'm not judging you. I appreciate your passion for your topic. For the
        record you do not have a podcast if I can't subscribe to it via RSS. What
        you have is easily shared audio on a website.

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM, salmiaki_20hertz <salmiaki@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
        > podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
        >
        > A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
        > 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
        > two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
        > are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
        >
        > It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
        > podcast.
        >
        > Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
        > <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
        >
        > Thanks for any support or feedback.
        >
        > Salmiaki

        Dave Jackson
        www.davidjackson.org

      • Sammi St.John-Martinez
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 26, 2012
          Salmiaki,

          Hello, I want to invite you to check outwww.fbrn.us! We would love to add your podcast to our line-up of shows. It will give you world-wide exposure and the ability to get sponsors or advertisers for it to earn extra revenue. If you would be interested in this opportunity please give us your contact number so we can give you all the details!

          Fishbowl Radio Network L.L.C. - "Jump In!"
          Sylvia "Sammi" St.John-Martinez - Founder/Owner
          2225 E. Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 427
          Arlington, Texas 76011
          www.fishbowlradionetwork.com
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/FishBowl-Radio-Network/153231260825%c2%a0

          sammi@...
          817-633-4880

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 26, 2012
            is this all done at no charge in exchange for the show

            ________________________________

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 26, 2012
                Hi,

                First, I want to thank you for your answer, it is always appreciated
                when people take time to listen or even give a feedback to your work.

                You're making a point, I understand your confusion, there is no rss feed
                on mixcloud so people can't subscribe to it. I know the issue, I'm
                currently planning to add a rss support by uploading the audio file into
                a website and make it subscribable.

                I will keep you aware when this is fully workable.

                Kind regards.

                Salmiaki

                Le 27/07/2012 01:04, David Jackson a écrit :
                > Salmiaki,
                > I'm not judging you. I appreciate your passion for your topic. For the
                > record you do not have a podcast if I can't subscribe to it via RSS. What
                > you have is easily shared audio on a website.
                >
                > Dave Jackson
                > www.schoolofpodcasting.com
                >

                > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM, salmiaki_20hertz <salmiaki@...>wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Hi everyone,
                >>
                >> I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                >> podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                >>
                >> A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                >> 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                >> two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                >> are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                >>
                >> It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                >> podcast.
                >>
                >> Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                >> <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                >>
                >> Thanks for any support or feedback.
                >>
                >> Salmiaki

              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
                  Simply incredible.

                  $15.00 "per hour" fee to air your podcast your kidding right, you do
                  know that a shoutcast stream server cost about $20.00 a month. You must
                  think we are all a bunch of desperate content creators.

                  Here is what I would ask you Sammi if I was going to pay you "gag" to
                  air my podcast..

                  1. How many people are going to hear my show.
                  2. What is your daily current site traffic
                  3. Who is certifying your media statistics.
                  4. What qualifies you to market my podcast.
                  5. How do you qualify your talent? (or is a credit card all ones needs
                  to qualify)

                  My advice to any podcaster is to be very careful in signing up for a
                  network that ask for money first especially a site that is doing nothing
                  more than streaming audio.

                  Todd.

                  On 7/26/2012 2:50 PM, Sammi St.John-Martinez wrote:

                  > Ken,
                  >
                  > There is a 15.00 per hour fee for us to air your podcast and put your
                  > profile on our network. We provide weekly analytics for your show, web
                  > presence, marketing, and the ability for your to sell your show to
                  > potential sponsors and advertisers and you keep 100% of the revenue
                  > from those efforts. Let me know if you have any other questions.
                  >
                  > Fishbowl Radio Network L.L.C. - "Jump In!"
                  > Sylvia "Sammi" St.John-Martinez - Founder/Owner
                  > 2225 E. Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 427
                  > Arlington, Texas 76011
                  > www.fishbowlradionetwork.com
                  > http://www.facebook.com/pages/FishBowl-Radio-Network/153231260825
                  >
                  > sammi@... <mailto:sammi%40fishbowlradionetwork.com>
                  > 817-633-4880
                  >
                  > ________________________________
                  > From: Ken Kennedy Lloyd <kkliveradio@...

                • Sammi St.John-Martinez
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
                    Todd,

                    If you were to do your research you would see that fbrn.us does more than stream your podcast.

                    1. Our current site gets an average of 40,000 hits a day and growing.
                    2. Our statistics are certified by google analytics, as well as centovacast
                    3. My qualifications are listed on our website, check them out. Whats your background?
                    4. We qualify our talent in the same why that I have for over 25 years while working in a major market as a program director, by listening to air-checks and also recruiting top talent from around the country. A credit card is not all that is needed as you first have to be accepted to be one of only 100 shows on the network, which by the way is only at this time looking for 6 more slots to fill. It is exclusive by nature in this sense, since there are only 100 shows ever at any given time on the network.
                    5. You mention that shoutcast stream server is only 20.00 - how many concurrent listeners is that? Ours in unlimited as we are not a streaming service we are a radio station. Also, do you have an on site 24 hour engineer in case you are not tech savey with shoutcast? Are you set up to do live broadcasts? We are. Can you broadcast from beautiful studios if you live in the DFW area if you use shoutcast? NO. Go onto Shoutcast you are one of hundreds of shows that gets lost in the mix..we are exclusive.

                    :)

                  • Todd Cochrane
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
                      On 7/27/2012 12:42 PM, Sammi St.John-Martinez wrote:

                      > Todd,
                      >
                      > If you were to do your research you would see that fbrn.us does more
                      > than stream your podcast.

                      From the look of your website you look like a standard internet
                      streaming station, and seeing you are using centovacast that confirms it.

                      > 1. Our current site gets an average of 40,000 hits a day and growing.

                      Why would I want to be 1 of 100 shows on a pay for play internet
                      streaming network where my show is heard maybe once or twice a week,
                      which would cause that $15.00 an hour charge to add up .

                      40,000 hits a day divided by 24hours = 1666 hits an hour and how many of
                      them actually click 1 of your 5 channels does not seem like great odds
                      considering the bounce rate of most websites...

                      2. Our statistics are certified by google analytics, as well as centovacast

                      Google Analytics is for web hits, centovacast is a standard web
                      streaming management application. That is in no way a certified media
                      analytics system.

                      > 3. My qualifications are listed on our website, check them out. Whats
                      > your background?

                      If you have to ask that question then you really don't have a clue about
                      the podcasting space or the people in it.

                      > 4. We qualify our talent in the same why that I have for over 25 years
                      > while working in a major market as a program director, by listening to
                      > air-checks and also recruiting top talent from around the country. A
                      > credit card is not all that is needed as you first have to be accepted
                      > to be one of only 100 shows on the network, which by the way is only
                      > at this time looking for 6 more slots to fill. It is exclusive by
                      > nature in this sense, since there are only 100 shows ever at any given
                      > time on the network.

                      So you are a internet streaming station with 100 slots that you charge
                      $15.00 an hour to live stream. Pretty good business model 5 channels, at
                      $15.00 an hour, x24 hrs, x30 days = $54,000 a month. Looks to me like
                      you have your business model figured out. So if I was to have my show
                      on your site it looks like my monthly bill we would be about $500 a month!

                      5. You mention that shoutcast stream server is only 20.00 - how many
                      concurrent listeners is that? Ours in unlimited as we are not a
                      streaming service we are a radio station. Also, do you have an on site
                      24 hour engineer in case you are not tech savey with shoutcast?

                      Your a radio station? What are the call sign and how many stations are
                      you on.. If you are actually a Internet Radio station which is a Live
                      Streaming Internet site No system is unlimited it is all dependent on
                      how many servers you can throw at it.

                      Looking at the IP data all of your streams are coming from a single
                      server that is being hosted by a third party called www.shoutcheap.com
                      looking at their hosting plans it looks like you found yourself a cheap
                      place to host your internet streams.

                      > Are you set up to do live broadcasts?

                      Yes I do live Audio and Video, I stream Video on three different sites
                      simultaneously using Wowza and Amazon AWS Flash media Service, I have a
                      Broadcast Account on Livestream and backup Live video site on Ustream. I
                      run a shoutcast server 24/7 as well

                      > We are. Can you broadcast from beautiful studios if you live in the
                      > DFW area if you use shoutcast? NO. Go onto Shoutcast you are one of
                      > hundreds of shows that gets lost in the mix..we are exclusive.

                      I have a beautiful studio in Hawaii and most of the people in this
                      mailing list have their own beautiful studios. You have no clue about
                      this space.

                      Todd..

                      > ________________________________

                    • Dan Hughes
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
                        Jeez, Cochrane, you talk like you've written a BOOK or something!

                        ---Dan

                        Best,

                        ---Dan
                        http://danhughes.net
                        http://danhughesbooks.com
                        http://treasuremanual.com
                        http://slowpitchbook.com
                        http://danhughesautographs.com
                        http://thetreasurecorner.com
                        http://thesoftballcorner.com
                        http://radiofun.info

                      • C. Hatton Humphrey
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 27, 2012
                          Or hosted awards or something ;-)

                          On Jul 27, 2012 8:32 PM, "Dan Hughes" <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

                          > Jeez, Cochrane, you talk like you've written a BOOK or something!
                          >
                          > ---Dan

                        • Sammi St.John-Martinez

                            On 7/27/2012 12:42 PM, Sammi St.John-Martinez wrote:

                            > Todd,
                            >
                            > If you were to do your research you would see that fbrn.us does more
                            > than stream your podcast.

                            From the look of your website you look like a standard internet
> [...]

                            Looking at the IP data all of your streams are coming from a single
                            server that is being hosted by a third party called www.shoutcheap.com
                            looking at their hosting plans it looks like you found yourself a cheap
                            place to host your internet streams.

                            > Are you set up to do live broadcasts?

                            Yes I do live Audio and Video, I stream Video on three different sites
                            simultaneously using Wowza and Amazon AWS Flash media Service, I have a
                            Broadcast Account on Livestream and backup Live video site on Ustream. I
                            run a shoutcast server 24/7 as well

                            > We are. Can you broadcast from beautiful studios if you live in the
                            > DFW area if you use shoutcast? NO. Go onto Shoutcast you are one of
                            > hundreds of shows that gets lost in the mix..we are exclusive.

                            I have a beautiful studio in Hawaii and most of the people in this
                            mailing list have their own beautiful studios. You have no clue about

                          • Salmiaki
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 9, 2012
                              Hi,

                              A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :

                              http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/

                              Happy listening to all !

                              Salmiaki

                              Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                              > Hi everyone,
                              >
                              > I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                              > podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                              >
                              > A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                              > 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                              > two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                              > are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                              >
                              > It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                              > podcast.
                              >
                              > Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                              > <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                              >
                              > Thanks for any support or feedback.
                              >
                              > Salmiaki

                            • Todd Cochrane
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 9, 2012
                                Could not find a RSS feed or iTunes or Zune Marketplace link to
                                subscribe to your show so its "not" technically a podcast.

                                Todd

                                On 8/9/2012 8:24 AM, Salmiaki wrote:

                                > Hi,
                                >
                                > A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                                >
                                > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                                >
                                > Happy listening to all !
                                >
                                > Salmiaki
                                >
                                > Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                                > > Hi everyone,
                                > >
                                > > I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                                > > podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                                > >
                                > > A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                                > > 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                                > > two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                                > > are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                                > >
                                > > It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                                > > podcast.
                                > >
                                > > Let me share the adress with you : http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                                > > <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                                > >
                                > > Thanks for any support or feedback.
                                > >
                                > > Salmiaki

                              • Salmiaki
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 24, 2012
                                  HI,

                                  A new episode is available here :

                                  http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-021-scorching-heat/

                                  A rss feed should be set soon I promise ;)

                                  Happy listening !

                                  Salmiaki

                                  Le 09/08/2012 20:24, Salmiaki a écrit :
                                  > Hi,
                                  >
                                  > A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                                  >
                                  > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                                  >
                                  > Happy listening to all !
                                  >
                                  > Salmiaki
                                  >
                                  > Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                                  >> Hi everyone,
                                  >>
                                  >> I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                                  >> podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                                  >>
                                  >> A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                                  >> 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                                  >> two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                                  >> are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                                  >>
                                  >> It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                                  >> podcast.
                                  >>
                                  >> Let me share the adress with you :http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                                  >> <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                                  >>
                                  >> Thanks for any support or feedback.
                                  >>
                                  >> Salmiaki

                                • Salmiaki
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 4, 2012
                                    Hi,

                                    A new episode is available here :

                                    http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-cloudcast-023-nishi-kasai-station/

                                    Happy listening !

                                    Salmiaki

                                    Le 25/08/2012 01:11, Salmiaki a écrit :
                                    > HI,
                                    >
                                    > A new episode is available here :
                                    >
                                    > http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-021-scorching-heat/
                                    >
                                    > A rss feed should be set soon I promise ;)
                                    >
                                    > Happy listening !
                                    >
                                    > Salmiaki
                                    >
                                    > Le 09/08/2012 20:24, Salmiaki a écrit :
                                    >> Hi,
                                    >>
                                    >> A quick message to notice you of a new episode available here :
                                    >>
                                    >> http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/20-hertz-podcast-020-capsules-vs-clowns/
                                    >>
                                    >> Happy listening to all !
                                    >>
                                    >> Salmiaki
                                    >>
                                    >> Le 26/07/2012 19:10, salmiaki_20hertz a écrit :
                                    >>> Hi everyone,
                                    >>>
                                    >>> I decided to join your community in order to share my podcast with all
                                    >>> podcasters here on this yahoo groups.
                                    >>>
                                    >>> A year ago, I created a mainly music oriented podcast which is called
                                    >>> 20Hertz and it is actually hosted on mixcloud. I try to update it every
                                    >>> two weeks when I have the opportunity and time to do it.Genres included
                                    >>> are indie, alternative, electronic, hip-hop, dubstep...
                                    >>>
                                    >>> It would be nice if some guys here can give me some feedbacks about this
                                    >>> podcast.
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Let me share the adress with you :http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/
                                    >>> <http://www.mixcloud.com/20hertz/>
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Thanks for any support or feedback.
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Salmiaki

                                    * Unknown - détecté
                                    * Français
                                    * Anglais

                                    * Français
                                    * Anglais

                                    <javascript:void(0);>

                                  • andrew clarke
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 4, 2012
                                      On Thu 2012-10-04 18:58:31 UTC+0200, Salmiaki (salmiaki@...) wrote:

                                      > Hi,
                                      >
                                      > A new episode is available here :

                                      Are you going to announce every new podcast? Please, don't do that.

                                      Regards
                                      Andrew

                                      (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)
                                    • Ken Kennedy Lloyd